Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME 3.24 Beta Released

Phoronix: GNOME 3.24 Beta Released

GNOME 3.23.90, a.k.a. the GNOME 3.24 beta, is now available for testing ahead of this big desktop update due out in late March...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...NOME-3.24-Beta

Interesting. Wacom Cintiq 21ux is total trash via libinput on Wayland - it doesn't even detect it. (Not to mention that Gnome Session crashes every 10 minuets or so on 3.22 via Xorg Session)

I had read that Epiphany has a always-show on the address bar, a feature that I honestly feel will help me stay focused.

I often feel like the fancy hiding of options and animations (Apps flying out of the App Button on Gnome) are very distracting and detract from productivity and efficiency.

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post
      Interesting. Wacom Cintiq 21ux is total trash via libinput on Wayland - it doesn't even detect it. (Not to mention that Gnome Session crashes every 10 minuets or so on 3.22 via Xorg Session)

I had read that Epiphany has a always-show on the address bar, a feature that I honestly feel will help me stay focused.

I often feel like the fancy hiding of options and animations (Apps flying out of the App Button on Gnome) are very distracting and detract from productivity and efficiency.
      I kind of agree with that sentiment. The Gnome stack is amazing and the gnome-shell is really polished, but I struggle to use the desktop productively.
      Solus' DE in place of the Gnome-Shell, together with Gnome's niceties seems perfect for me.

Comment

Working...
      X