Mozilla Had A Crazy Week Landing Servo, WebRender & More Into Firefox Repo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mozilla Had A Crazy Week Landing Servo, WebRender & More Into Firefox Repo

Phoronix: Mozilla Had A Crazy Week Landing Servo, WebRender & More Into Firefox Repo

This was one of the busiest weeks in Firefox's history with having more than ~10,000 change-sets affecting ~97,000 file changes...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ervo-WebRender

On this topic the WebRender graphics back-end for Firefox is already enabled though in highly experimental state:
    https://groups.google.com/d/embed/ms...w/lZe2fWyKBQAJ

Comment

[double post - delete me]
      Last edited by johnp117; 12 February 2017, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by crystall View Post
        On this topic the WebRender graphics back-end for Firefox is already enabled though in highly experimental state:
        https://groups.google.com/d/embed/ms...w/lZe2fWyKBQAJ
        Actually not. Nightlies are still built without WebRender. The only difference is that they are now running builds and a limited set of tests on mozilla-central, though the development still happens on the graphics branch with regular merges to and from mozilla-central. Still, an important step.

Comment

Mercurial? Really?

Comment

If they wanted to reduce the size of the code they could always remove some things, like loop and pocket. Maybe even reader.
            I don't know why I'm complaining though; I can't even build it anymore more for my pi since the rust requirement breaks the configure stage.

Comment

Originally posted by NateHubbard View Post
              If they wanted to reduce the size of the code they could always remove some things, like loop and pocket. Maybe even reader.
              I don't know why I'm complaining though; I can't even build it anymore more for my pi since the rust requirement breaks the configure stage.
              i love reader, its lightweight too.
              pocket and stuff though... yea..

Comment

Originally posted by NateHubbard View Post
                Done.
                Did you try building with `ac_add_options --disable-rust`? That should allow building without the rust compiler. If it doesn't, please file a bug report.

Comment

Originally posted by johnp117 View Post

Done.
                  Did you try building with `ac_add_options --disable-rust`? That should allow building without the rust compiler. If it doesn't, please file a bug report.
                  They're going to require Rust in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
                    Mercurial? Really?
                    It was the choice made at the time were git wasn't nearly as wide spread as it is currently
                    To be honest I near as I can tell... each tool has there faults, but they preform equally as well. Plus, mozilla does has a git mirror.

Comment

Working...
                    X