Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME's Epiphany Web Browser Lands A Lot More 3.24 Feature Work

Phoronix: GNOME's Epiphany Web Browser Lands A Lot More 3.24 Feature Work

Developers working on GNOME's Web Browser, Epiphany, have prepared the v3.23.5 release as their latest development version in the road towards GNOME 3.24...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I think you may have inserted the wrong link at the bottom of the article.

The link in the article takes you to a git commit for the Enlightenment DE, rather then Epiphany.

Comment

and yes, as a web publisher relying upon ads for those not using our ad-free service, frankly got tired of reading the change-log when seeing so many mentions in this release to AdBlock
      Yep, buy a premium account, guys, if you want ad-free content!

Comment

As a content writer myself, honestly can understand the need for ads, but to continually gripe about adblockers. I know some people who take that as a challenge and keep it going because their mentality is typically "stick it to the authority."

Keep in mind this is a suggestion and by no means do you have to do it, but loosen up a bit, just keep writing articles.

I know Friday myself will be getting a premium account just for the sake of support..

Comment

Did you try applying for Acceptable Ads? I think this site will get whitelisted, I hardly notice ads readings articles.

Comment

Haha, very funny! I tried the so-called "ad-free service" and paid for it for two years.
            The only problem being it would log me out every day, meaning I would still see ads on phoronix.com on a daily basis.

Comment

Considering that advertisement networks are the prime source of malware using web browsers as a vector, these days, suggesting not to use an ad blocker is the equivalent of suggesting people to just not use an anti-virus when using Windows.

Comment

It's funny how people still use 'Epiphany' and 'Totem' despite GNOME devs officially renaming them (to 'Web' and 'GNOME Videos' respectively).

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
                  It's funny how people still use 'Epiphany' and 'Totem' despite GNOME devs officially renaming them (to 'Web' and 'GNOME Videos' respectively).
                  Yep, I still use 'nautilus' to navigate my folders, 'epiphany' to see websites, and 'totem' to view videos. If you think about it, those names were carefully chosen.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
                    I only use Epiphany these days because I need to remember how to spell it when I launch it from CLI, honestly the move wont be complete until they rename the binaries but then that oversimplification might just add more confusion whereas I know what Epiphany and Nautilus are.

I want to add that I heard from Epiphany devs that a always-on location bar is a feature too of the new 3.24 release which is nice because I dont like things on my screen constantly changing to "simplify", I use the address bar a lot and always-visible is a welcome change to me.

I also imported all my bookmarks and its a bit of a nightmare and freezes up sometimes, I've since switched to file based bookmarks so they're browser agnostic.

It seems like a gnome-bookmarks app would make sense to add to Places to me, and then just connect that to whatever browser while keeping it seperate from the App itself.

Comment

Working...
                    X