DiRT Rally Coming To Linux Next Month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incredible news, thanks Feral!
    Just a few days ago I gave in and started playing Dirt Rally on windows; good to hear that I can now seize this shameful activity.

Comment

Originally posted by chithanh View Post
      In addition to those already mentioned:

Older games:
      Borderlands 2
      But Borderlands 2 have been ported to linux years ago...

Comment

In addition to those already mentioned:

Older games:
        Borderlands 2
        Mortal Kombat X
        Skyrim

Newer games:
        Resident Evil 7
        Space Hulk: Deathwing

Non-games:
        Drivers for one of the VR headsets

Unfortunately not. Not all products qualify for DiRT Rally.
        See https://www.amd4u.com/amdgamepromo/f...ons-v005.9.pdf for what currently qualifies.
        Borderlands 2 is already on Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by jith_feral View Post

What else is on your list?
          Rise of the Tomb Raider
          Fallout 4
          Hitman
          Inside
          ... many more :-)

Looking forward to Dirt Rally.
          Last edited by Veto; 02 February 2017, 05:18 PM. Reason: Forgot Fallout 4 :-)

Comment

Mystro256 I know, that was just a trick to get jith_feral to reply to my post when reading it

Comment

Mystro256 I know, that was just a trick to get jith_feral to reply to my post when reading it
              Haha i see how it is

Comment

Wow this is Spacious Skies? Or where has it gone?

Well the top 10 games I would like to see on Linux are:
                1. Fifa 17
                2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
                3. Heroes of the Storm
                4. Battlefield 1
                5. Dead or Alive 5: Last Round (no proper Beat 'em Ups for Linux/Steam Machines yet and the porting should also be quite simple.)
                6. Still Skyrim
                7. Still GTA V
                8. Kingdom Come: Deliverance(Cry Engine)
                9. Fallout 4
                10. Resident Evil 7 (Even though I'm unsure whether I like the setting I guess you can't find any better benchmark to have fun, test things and just enjoy the graphics...)

Comment

Originally posted by oooverclocker View Post
                  5. Dead or Alive 5: Last Round (no proper Beat 'em Ups for Linux/Steam Machines yet and the porting should also be quite simple.)
                  In the meantime, take a look at Skull Girls. I'm not a hardcore Beat 'em Up gamer, but it seems pretty good to me.

Originally posted by oooverclocker View Post
                  6. Still Skyrim
                  7. Still GTA V
                  9. Fallout 4
                  10. Resident Evil 7 (Even though I'm unsure whether I like the setting I guess you can't find any better benchmark to have fun, test things and just enjoy the graphics...)
                  Agree. Any Resident Evil game would be nice to see, but 7 looks particularly nice.

Comment

I've been playing borderlands 2, but it would be nice if the original was available in Linux as well.... And yes, add another to the Skyrim crowd...

I do like the timing, though. I just started playing GRID Autosport recently after my steam controller arrived. It's running fine on my Phenom x6 and Radeon 7850 in Mesa even when in-home streaming to my old laptop via wifi

Comment

Originally posted by boltronics View Post
                      In the meantime, take a look at Skull Girls. I'm not a hardcore Beat 'em Up gamer, but it seems pretty good to me.
                      The gameplay really looks like what I'd call a proper Beat 'em Up. But on the other hand my demands on graphics quality are quite high and 2D is no option for me except perhaps for Point and Click Adventures.
                      The reasons that I would choose DoA are that the game seems to be nearly just emulated on Windows so the effort to port it seems to be very low. I also usually just play these games for fun with friends and especially when they're female bones or ripped off body parts are unlikely welcome so DoA may be somehow a bit sexist but it doesn't look like the fun wouldn't compensate this even when you're a girl. The last reason is that I think DoA has a nice balance so it's not too hard to join the game but it can also get more complex.
                      So to sum it up it's in my opinion a game that's able to attract a wide range of people not displaying blood, extreme brutalities etc. and is casual enough to play it spontaneously with friends.
                      But It would be really nice when a port could bring the better PS4 textures because I feel very upset that when I tried it the last time it seemed to use the PS3 textures on PC.

Originally posted by boltronics View Post
                      Agree. Any Resident Evil game would be nice to see, but 7 looks particularly nice.
                      Yeah I also think that porting games closer to their original release date and how much competition already is in the niche is very important for sales. So I see a very high potential in almost all titles that I mentioned, just few are there for strategic reasons. Because even though some people might already own those for Windows if they're the only games they usually play one may get these people to Linux if these titles run there natively. So it increases the number of potential Linux sales and is more a long term approach. But porting Skyrim and Fallout 4 at the same time may be quite attractive due to the same engine. While the newest titles are more for increasing sales instantly through people that already shifted to Linux completely.

Comment

Working...
                      X