• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Wayland a Tier 1 citizen now?
    ## VGA ##
    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Does kwin support pointer locking for games in xwayland? That was really the only thing preventing me from switching to wayland.

That, and swing/awt GUIs being completely broken.

Comment

Still waiting for the return of per virtual desktop wallpaper and widgets. I miss this KDE4 feature so much ;-(

Comment

Originally posted by haagch View Post
          Does kwin support pointer locking for games in xwayland? That was really the only thing preventing me from switching to wayland.

That, and swing/awt GUIs being completely broken.
          From the announcement:
          Pointers can now be confined by applications, gestures are supported (see video right) and relative motions used by games were added. Input devices were made more configurable and now save between sessions. There is also a new settings tool for touchpads.

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post

I usually change star menu choosing the last one listed which is much better.
            What?

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

What?
              He means he right-clicks the menu widget and clicks on "Alternatives ...", which has a star icon. That's of course not related to the global menu stuff tho ...

Comment

Originally posted by Sho_ View Post

He means he right-clicks the menu widget and clicks on "Alternatives ...", which has a star icon. That's of course not related to the global menu stuff tho ...
                Oh that. Yes, I like the app menu better. But since I Alt+F2 all the time, I rarely go to the menu anyway. But we digress.

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
                  Is Wayland a Tier 1 citizen now?

kwayland has always been a tier 1 library, but tiers are about dependencies, not support / readiness. :P

Comment

Great that it supports Wayland, but I don't really use most of the software except for the text editor, the terminal and the calculator.

So the single most important application for me is the web browser, so until Firefox and/or Chromium supports Wayland, then its not compelling to use Wayland since the applications you use most will be running through XWayland anyway.

Comment

Great job and nice visual changes.
                      More and more polishment with every release.
                      Thank you KDE community.

My favorite new feature is the global menu and getting complete themings from the web.

Time to retest Wayland on KDE when 5.9 it leaves testing. :-)

Comment

Working...
                      X