X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 2.0 Makes Its Debut

Phoronix: Wine 2.0 Makes Its Debut

Wine 2.0 is now officially available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I hope the 2.x series makes 64 bit prefixes defacto, also looking forward to DX11 and Vulkan integrations like Gallium on Vulkan whatever that is called now.

Also, it would be nice if the GTK3 in staging could use GtkApplication so as to expose the file menu of applications to HUDs like Plotinus
    Last edited by ElectricPrism; 24 January 2017, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post
      I hope the 2.x series makes 64 bit prefixes defacto
      Unfortunately, far too many games depend on getting winetricks/PlayOnLinux to install things like XNA 4.0 which won't install in 64-bit prefixes.

In the name of impatience, I've built a habit of always choosing a 32-bit prefix and then, if that fails, seeing if 64-bit helps. (I use PlayOnLinux in "install unlisted game" mode as a prefix manager and it always requires you to manually pick which type of prefix to create.)

Comment

support for Microsoft Office 2013
        I've been trying for hours, with no success.

Comment

Originally posted by ssokolow View Post
          Unfortunately, far too many games depend on getting winetricks/PlayOnLinux to install things like XNA 4.0 which won't install in 64-bit prefixes.
          Same goes for .NET 2.0, it just refuses to install on a 64bit prefix. And it's been like this for how long, 7 years that I use Wine?

Comment

Originally posted by klapaucius View Post

I've been trying for hours, with no success.
            Same here. I've given up and now embraced WPS Office instead.

Comment

Its somewhere something like list of Steam games and their Wine support and summary results how many runs and how many dont?

Comment

This final wine version give many improvements like more accurate mouse behaviour, improvements related quartz, improvements related DX buffer management and many others compared with wine 1.8

​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                X