PulseAudio 10 Coming Soon, Using Memfd Shared Memory By Default

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wdb974 View Post

I was foolish back then (got the speakers around 2008). I thought the Logitech Z-5500 would sound great and all, but little did I know that what most consumers care about is MORE BASS ®. I was really pleased to see I could tweak things a little when I got my Asus Xonar D2, which I why I'd like to be able to have those same options under Linux.

It's no big deal, anyway. I know better now and will be more careful about my next acquisitions.
    I'm pretty sure the Xonar D2 is a modified cmedia chipset. It's pretty good, but I think the true cmedia chipsets have better ALSA drivers. imo.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post

I'm pretty sure the Xonar D2 is a modified cmedia chipset. It's pretty good, but I think the true cmedia chipsets have better ALSA drivers. imo.
      It is! It's a CMI8788 that Asus, in their infinite wisdom, renamed "AV200."

Anyhow, I just know that PA got LFE remixing (whatever that actually does in practice) in version 7.0, so here's to hoping for when I switch my desktop to Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by jacob View Post
        Gstreamer is not a library for using alsa. It's a library for interfacing with media codecs.
        while using alsa is not the sole purpose of gstreamer, it is one of its purposes(see alsasink).
        Originally posted by jacob View Post
        And VLC doesn't use gstreamer,
        i didn't say it uses gstreamer. i said gstreamer is intended to be used by mediaplayers, like totem(which uses it) or vlc(which doesn't). so we found another idiot here

Comment

Originally posted by Gapil301 View Post
          You are stupid, high latency is an issue and even more when people are migrating to linux for gaming
          you are idiot who is unable to read. maybe you need to read it several times, so i will repeat: high latency is not an issue when listening to mp3. and if you need low latency, use jack - low latency is its goal and pulseaudio will handoff hardware to it.
          Originally posted by Gapil301 View Post
          it's basically impossible to play on pulse audio using an equalizer, you need instant sound response for gaming because you don't want to shoot someone and hear the hit half a second after it.
          it's not clear what equalizer you a referring to, but i never had 500ms sound delays with pulseaudio. actually my latency is undetectable without instruments, maybe it is because my hands are not crooked like yours?
          Last edited by pal666; 20 January 2017, 07:16 PM.

Comment

A/V sync anyone.... Duh.
            in mp3s?

Comment

The fault squarely belongs on PA for refusing to leave the audio stream alone. It shouldn't even be touched, obviously and plainly PA fault.
              the fault is on you for assigning imaginary goals to pa

Comment

EDIT: Listen to Barrack Obama's Farewell speech.... I bet you that system used PA.... Yeah it was stupid high latency.
                i hear echo, but no latency on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paHYyQHmTus

Comment

I just seriously don't get how the Greater Open Source audio community can even stand PA devs
                  because audio community does not consist of idiots like you

Comment

The bottom line fact is this, IMO of course, is that if it walks like a duck and it quacks like a duck, then it's a duck for crying out loud. If the latency problem exists only when PA runs and never else,
                    and only on your computer, then you can't blame pa for your faults. btw, pa does not run without alsa and without client app

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
                      i hear echo, but no latency on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paHYyQHmTus
                      No, definitely not. That is not an echo effect, that most definitely is multiple seconds of latency.

Comment

Working...
                      X