PulseAudio 10 Coming Soon, Using Memfd Shared Memory By Default

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
    At around 60ms or so is when audio latency becomes noticeable for most people, and if you measure it you will see that is about the lowest PA achieves. Almost everyone notices it.
    you don't care for latency when listening to mp3. but you care for power usage which depends on wakeup frequency. if you need high latency - use jack, pa coexists with it nicely

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
      Hey Hey idiot, do not go personal. What great and stable softwate pa still is, same bugs year after year:
      https://launchpad.net/bugs/bugtrackers/pulseaudio-bugs
      Hey hey hey, weren't you that said that and always claimed that gstreamer is a sound server?

Comment

Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post
        And ALSA is more than a driver
        So you are talking about libasound? gstreamer uses that for its alsa backend. So you are trying to say that only gstreamer uses libasound well? I disagree if that's the case. I use audacious and mpv, which use libasound, and I have no issues. Then again, I have an old Envy24 card with its own hardware mixer, so I don't have to bother with dmix.

Must be leannarddtdtd bots.
        Enough with this stupidity.

Comment

Michael_S In this thread you can observe a nice group of PA haters in their natural environment.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
            Michael_S In this thread you can observe a nice group of PA haters in their natural environment.
            A good systemd news blurb today would create the perfect storm.

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
              you don't care for latency when listening to mp3. but you care for power usage which depends on wakeup frequency. if you need high latency - use jack, pa coexists with it nicely
              A/V sync anyone.... Duh.

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
                you are saying this same nonsense. if pa does not work on your chipset, then you chipset has broken drivers
                BS. The fault squarely belongs on PA for refusing to leave the audio stream alone. It shouldn't even be touched, obviously and plainly PA fault.

Comment

People have been saying this same nonsense for years, except I use a cmedia 8188 chipset, which has nearly flawless drivers, and PA latency can be like 1 or even 2 seconds.
                  Would you by chance have a surround speaker setup hooked to your soundcard? If so, how's the sound? Are you able to set a filter on sound frequencies so as to have low frequencies on the subwoofer and higher frequencies on the satellites (I have small satellites)?

Originally posted by Davidovitch View Post
                  For example, I currently use either of the following two USB devices as a sound output: NAD D-3020 or Focusrite Scarlett 2i4.
                  So, how easy was the setup for the Scarlett? I've been contemplating to buy those after listening to music at a friend's, 'cause I really like how they sound. Plus, that'd let me remove a PCI card in my (sort of) cramped case.

Comment

BS. The fault squarely belongs on PA for refusing to leave the audio stream alone. It shouldn't even be touched, obviously and plainly PA fault.
                    Meanwhile, on pretty much everyone's systems, no such issue is detected. Totally PA's fault, and not hardware specific.

Comment

Originally posted by wdb974 View Post

Would you by chance have a surround speaker setup hooked to your soundcard? If so, how's the sound? Are you able to set a filter on sound frequencies so as to have low frequencies on the subwoofer and higher frequencies on the satellites (I have small satellites)?

So, how easy was the setup for the Scarlett? I've been contemplating to buy those after listening to music at a friend's, 'cause I really like how they sound. Plus, that'd let me remove a PCI card in my (sort of) cramped case.
                      It depends on if your speakers are plugged in via SPDIF or the multiple analog stereo jacks. If the stereo jacks, then you need to plug in to the correct port. If the SPDIF, then it should "just work".

Comment

Working...
                      X