Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PulseAudio 10 Coming Soon, Using Memfd Shared Memory By Default

Phoronix: PulseAudio 10 Coming Soon, Using Memfd Shared Memory By Default

It's been a half year since the debut of PulseAudio 9.0 while the release of PulseAudio 10 is coming soon...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I still have some audio problems (garbage out, sounds like a sampling frequency mismatch, it's painful to hear, and happens most of the time with my USB headsets) in some games or applications. Rocket League and Beat Hazard are such examples; it also sometimes happens in Mad Max. Is there any tool I could use for debugging this issue?

Comment

Originally posted by M@yeulC View Post
      I still have some audio problems (garbage out, sounds like a sampling frequency mismatch, it's painful to hear, and happens most of the time with my USB headsets) in some games or applications. Rocket League and Beat Hazard are such examples; it also sometimes happens in Mad Max. Is there any tool I could use for debugging this issue?
      stop using leannardt software and use gstreamer.

Comment

I wonder if only I never got any issues with PulseAudio...

Comment

Originally posted by dragon321 View Post
          I wonder if only I never got any issues with PulseAudio...
          No, I am using PulseAudio without any trouble as well. Must be YMMV situation.

Comment

Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post

Troll or just stupid? 🤔 gstreamer isnt a replacement for pulse.

The thing that PA still needs is a good variable bit/samplerate machanism. While PA is great, resampling is not cool

Comment

Prioritising passthrough streams will be good, I ran into that issue last night when I went to play a DVD but had left XMMS2 on pause.

Comment

Originally posted by M@yeulC View Post
                Lower the latency of PulseAudio and you'll be fine. At the very bottom of the /etc/pulse/daemon.conf file is

Code:
                ; default-fragments = 4
                ; default-fragment-size-msec = 25
                Remove the `;` and lower their values.

Comment

I haven't had any PA issues since maybe 2009. Much of the time when people complain about PA, very often, the underlying ALSA layer is just as faulty. But, I guess it's easier to point fingers at something that used to be stereotypically buggy rather than submit a bug report with solid evidence that PA is the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post
                    Hey hey hey, don't steal debianxfce's lines.

Comment

Working...
                    X