Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PulseAudio 10 Coming Soon, Using Memfd Shared Memory By Default

Phoronix: PulseAudio 10 Coming Soon, Using Memfd Shared Memory By Default

It's been a half year since the debut of PulseAudio 9.0 while the release of PulseAudio 10 is coming soon...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...10-Coming-Soon

I still have some audio problems (garbage out, sounds like a sampling frequency mismatch, it's painful to hear, and happens most of the time with my USB headsets) in some games or applications. Rocket League and Beat Hazard are such examples; it also sometimes happens in Mad Max. Is there any tool I could use for debugging this issue?

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
      I still have some audio problems (garbage out, sounds like a sampling frequency mismatch, it's painful to hear, and happens most of the time with my USB headsets) in some games or applications. Rocket League and Beat Hazard are such examples; it also sometimes happens in Mad Max. Is there any tool I could use for debugging this issue?
      stop using leannardt software and use gstreamer.

Comment

I wonder if only I never got any issues with PulseAudio...

Comment

Originally posted by dragon321 View Post
          I wonder if only I never got any issues with PulseAudio...
          No, I am using PulseAudio without any trouble as well. Must be YMMV situation.

Comment

Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post

Troll or just stupid? 🤔 gstreamer isnt a replacement for pulse.

The thing that PA still needs is a good variable bit/samplerate machanism. While PA is great, resampling is not cool

Comment

Prioritising passthrough streams will be good, I ran into that issue last night when I went to play a DVD but had left XMMS2 on pause.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                Lower the latency of PulseAudio and you'll be fine. At the very bottom of the /etc/pulse/daemon.conf file is

Code:
                ; default-fragments = 4
                ; default-fragment-size-msec = 25
                Remove the `;` and lower their values.

Comment

I haven't had any PA issues since maybe 2009. Much of the time when people complain about PA, very often, the underlying ALSA layer is just as faulty. But, I guess it's easier to point fingers at something that used to be stereotypically buggy rather than submit a bug report with solid evidence that PA is the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post
                    Hey hey hey, don't steal debianxfce's lines.

Comment

Working...
                    X