KDE Plasma 5.9 Beta Released, Adds Global Menus & Better Wayland Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DIRT View Post
    btw disabling kde notifications though the gui simply makes them pop up at the top, right in the middle of your screen. You just can't win.
    How, exactly, did you disable them? I just tried it and it seemed to work fine.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBlackCat View Post

How, exactly, did you disable them? I just tried it and it seemed to work fine.
      Right click the notification icon, notification settings, and uncheck show application and system notification popups. Knotify creates a pop up top middle of the screen. I could make it not function anymore, its just annoying the gui doesn't actually disable popups. Also I don't want to go though each notification category and disable them one by one. I reinstall too often.

Screenshots.

Comment

Originally posted by DIRT View Post

Right click the notification icon, notification settings, and uncheck show application and system notification popups. Knotify creates a pop up top middle of the screen. I could make it not function anymore, its just annoying the gui doesn't actually disable popups. Also I don't want to go though each notification category and disable them one by one. I reinstall too often.

Screenshots.
        http://oi66.tinypic.com/dmg12g.jpg
        Yes, that does seem to happen. It didn't happen for another notification type I tried, I am not sure why.

Comment

Originally posted by cen1 View Post
          If only KDE was available on a decent distro.. as a primary target, not an afterthought.
          Besides the already mentioned ones: Antergos.
          Not as perfect as a "clean" Arch, but once you replace the Gnome login manager (forgot its name) by SDDM, everything seems fine.

Comment

Working...
          X