KDE Plasma 5.9 Beta Released, Adds Global Menus & Better Wayland Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cen1 View Post
    If only KDE was available on a decent distro.. as a primary target, not an afterthought.
    Is openSUSE not decent? IS OPENSUSE NOT DECENT? RAAAAARGHBLBGHH?

ahem.

Comment

If only KDE was available on a decent distro.. as a primary target, not an afterthought.
      I'm using Manjaro, which has KDE as one of the official spins along with XFCE. It's been pretty good so far, certainly better than what I can recall of Kubuntu whenever I last used that.

Comment

Fedora would be perfect but they half bake the KDE spin.
        It's definitely getting better (after it got worse for a couple of releases). I use it as my Distro of choice. I've been tempted over to openSUSE a few times, but I hate yast

Comment

finally!

Comment

Is it a glitch we can see on the scrollbars video at 0:09 ? (https://www.kde.org/announcements/pl...-scrollbar.ogv)

Other than that, I hope wayland will work decently on my computer this time, without random corruption. And I am pretty excited over the sound icon in the taskbar, as well as the better theme support.

Comment

Does anyone know whats the best way to test Plasma 5.9 together with QT 5.8 (the rc released two days ago is 95% the final and will be released as that in a week)? Any live images planned?

Comment

The day Wayland is replaced by the next display server, KDE will have decent support for it.

Comment

Arch.
                  ## VGA ##
                  AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
                  Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
                    When it is ready? KDE is like windows, developed since 1996, has huge human resources, resource hungry, slow, buggy and not freely configurable like the Whisker menu and panels in Xfce.
                    You are full of bullshit... Best Desktop Enviroment & distro for modern hardware is KDE on Arch linux and your Debian Xfce is only useful on outdated P4 machines without acceleration...

Im running KDE Plasma on Braswell netbook without any inefficient Wayland bullshit on old good Xorg server and its running smooth as butter compared to Gnome on wayland.
                    Look at this: https://s29.postimg.org/ci1nt886f/Sc...113_010159.png

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
                      When it is ready? KDE is like windows, developed since 1996, has huge human resources, resource hungry, slow, buggy and not freely configurable like the Whisker menu and panels in Xfce.
                      You are full of bullshit... Best Desktop Enviroment & distro for modern hardware is KDE on Arch linux and your Debian Xfce is only useful on outdated P4 machines without hardware acceleration...

Im running KDE Plasma on Braswell netbook without any inefficient no-Way_land on old good Xorg server and its running smooth as butter compared to Gnome on wayland.
                      Look at this(Especially RAM usage): https://s29.postimg.org/ci1nt886f/Sc...113_010159.png

Comment

Working...
                      X