X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by Griffin View Post
    GNOME gave up on shipping a true desktop years ago. Dumb choice.
    fixed.

Leave a comment:

• GraysonPeddie
    replied
    GNOME Desktop Environment has been one of my favorite desktop environments so far with Unity being the second and elementary OS' Pantheon Desktop Environment being my third favorite. Deepin is very cool, although the last time I used it, it seems to be hard-coded to specific GNOME/GTK release as far as changing wallpaper goes. It has a very nice app launcher that blurs the wallpaper and shows me the categories of applications and it has a very nice sidebar, but it didn't let me add a wallpaper from the Pictures folder. I've had to use a specific version of Deepin-provided Nautilus to do that. (It's actually "Deepin File Manager:" https://distrowatch.com/?newsid=09557) Installing Deepin isn't a very fluid experience in Arch Linux and so is Pantheon desktop manager and Unity. One desktop environment I have not tried is Budgie DE.
    Last edited by GraysonPeddie; 28 December 2016, 09:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    popcorns, check, beer, check, massive flames incoming, check.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic GNOME vs. KDE: The Top Linux Desktop News Of 2016

GNOME vs. KDE: The Top Linux Desktop News Of 2016

Phoronix: GNOME vs. KDE: The Top Linux Desktop News Of 2016

For those curious about the most viewed GNOME and KDE news of 2016, we have you covered...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X