Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OpenShot 2.2 Video Editor Debuts: Faster Performance, Better 4K/5K Video Editing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenShot 2.2 Video Editor Debuts: Faster Performance, Better 4K/5K Video Editing

Phoronix: OpenShot 2.2 Video Editor Debuts: Faster Performance, Better 4K/5K Video Editing

In case you plan to do any video editing for your 2016 holiday videos and are deciding between the different open-source non-linear video editors, OpenShot 2.2 was released this morning as a sizable feature update...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I currently use Kdenlive for video editing, can anyone list the advantages/differences of Openshot against it?

Comment

Hmmmm... imported a 5min video clip, cut out 30 seconds, fade-in, fade-out, adding audio track. Used 6,5G of my 8G RAM. Rendered it. Machine swapping, choking and freezing.

Not sure if like.

Comment

Originally posted by Passso View Post
        I currently use Kdenlive for video editing, can anyone list the advantages/differences of Openshot against it?
        I found Openshot to be more intuitive for amateurs than Kdenlive. Every few months I make a music video, i.e. joining audio files from a microphone with the camera video and doing basic adjustments. Those seemed easier to me in Openshot, although I didn't try version 2 yet and used Kdenlive the last time.

EDIT: For me, Openshot is what Windows Movie Maker always wanted to be.
        Last edited by elvenbone; 22 December 2016, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Openshot tend to have major memory-leaking problems. Seems that 2.2 didnt much of those. One way to boost things a bit is to drop cache to 0 or very small value from settings. And dont use disk cache.

Comment

I'm a big OpenShot user but I have tried the version 2 and felt totally lost. I just went back 1.4 which IMHO works better.

Comment

Originally posted by elvenbone View Post

I found Openshot to be more intuitive for amateurs than Kdenlive. Every few months I make a music video, i.e. joining audio files from a microphone with the camera video and doing basic adjustments. Those seemed easier to me in Openshot, although I didn't try version 2 yet and used Kdenlive the last time.

EDIT: For me, Openshot is what Windows Movie Maker always wanted to be.
              Thanks, I'll give it a try the next time I need

Comment

Working...
              X