Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OpenShot 2.2 Video Editor Debuts: Faster Performance, Better 4K/5K Video Editing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenShot 2.2 Video Editor Debuts: Faster Performance, Better 4K/5K Video Editing

Phoronix: OpenShot 2.2 Video Editor Debuts: Faster Performance, Better 4K/5K Video Editing

In case you plan to do any video editing for your 2016 holiday videos and are deciding between the different open-source non-linear video editors, OpenShot 2.2 was released this morning as a sizable feature update...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...2-Video-Editor

I currently use Kdenlive for video editing, can anyone list the advantages/differences of Openshot against it?

Comment

Hmmmm... imported a 5min video clip, cut out 30 seconds, fade-in, fade-out, adding audio track. Used 6,5G of my 8G RAM. Rendered it. Machine swapping, choking and freezing.

Not sure if like.

Comment

Originally posted by Passso View Post
        I currently use Kdenlive for video editing, can anyone list the advantages/differences of Openshot against it?
        I found Openshot to be more intuitive for amateurs than Kdenlive. Every few months I make a music video, i.e. joining audio files from a microphone with the camera video and doing basic adjustments. Those seemed easier to me in Openshot, although I didn't try version 2 yet and used Kdenlive the last time.

EDIT: For me, Openshot is what Windows Movie Maker always wanted to be.
        Last edited by elvenbone; 12-22-2016, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Openshot tend to have major memory-leaking problems. Seems that 2.2 didnt much of those. One way to boost things a bit is to drop cache to 0 or very small value from settings. And dont use disk cache.

Comment

I'm a big OpenShot user but I have tried the version 2 and felt totally lost. I just went back 1.4 which IMHO works better.

Comment

Originally posted by elvenbone View Post

I found Openshot to be more intuitive for amateurs than Kdenlive. Every few months I make a music video, i.e. joining audio files from a microphone with the camera video and doing basic adjustments. Those seemed easier to me in Openshot, although I didn't try version 2 yet and used Kdenlive the last time.

EDIT: For me, Openshot is what Windows Movie Maker always wanted to be.
              Thanks, I'll give it a try the next time I need

Comment

Working...
              X