Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some GTK3/Wayland/OpenGL Improvements For LibreOffice

Phoronix: Some GTK3/Wayland/OpenGL Improvements For LibreOffice

Some LibreOffice commits today caught our attention as exciting for those using Wayland and also interested in GTK3/OpenGL...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

s/pointr/pointer

Comment

Originally posted by plasmasnake View Post
      s/pointr/pointer
      Whoops, fixed. Thanks.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Which version will include improvements?

Comment

Originally posted by plasmasnake View Post
          s/pointr/pointer
          somebody really digs vim.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post
            somebody really digs vim.
            You mean ed. ;- )

Comment

There are still a lot of theming issues with libreoffice and GTK 3.20 or later, especially with dark themes. Since the internal widgets are not exposed to GtkInspector(as with firefox) there are no clues to fix things like white text on a white background in the libreoffice calc formula bar. Since my custom theme is mixed dark and light I was forced to go back to GTK2 for libreroffice or alternately could run it without GTK support at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke View Post
                There are still a lot of theming issues with libreoffice and GTK 3.20 or later, especially with dark themes. Since the internal widgets are not exposed to GtkInspector(as with firefox) there are no clues to fix things like white text on a white background in the libreoffice calc formula bar. Since my custom theme is mixed dark and light I was forced to go back to GTK2 for libreroffice or alternately could run it without GTK support at all.
                I doubt whether this is 'forcing' you to do anything. You can start any gtk app with an override for theme settings by setting the GTK_THEME environment variable: https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/sta...k-running.html ... so just set the adwaita theme for libreoffice.

Comment

I'm well familiar with changing themes for one app, but Adwaita clashes as much with my theme as running Libreoffice without GTK suppport at all does. Problem is that just as both the Firefox and Libreoffice devs were getting their GTK3 ports done, GNOME made the radical changes to theming for GTK 3.20. This made quite a mess out of any application using custom widgets until those custom widgets got the necessary style classes or css nodes added. Firefox accepts custom user theme css files in .mozilla with their own syntax, and Libreoffice does have the ability to custom theme the various widgets from the options/color scheme dialog. I'll have to try that and see if I can find the resulting file. If it is something that can go into any directory in /usr and still function that it could be added to my theme.

Then there is the need to port QT's GTK engine to GTK3, for now distros have just dropped it outright. I suppose that means I have to find out how to write QT5 themes from scratch too. Thus I end up with a GTK2 theme, a GTK3 theme, eventually a GTK4 theme, a Libreoffice theme, and a QT theme by the time this is done.

Comment

Working...
                  X