Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New Feature Highlights For The Upcoming Wine 2.0

Phoronix: The New Feature Highlights For The Upcoming Wine 2.0

Now that Wine 2.0 is under a feature freeze with Wine 2.0-rc1 having been released, I spent some time this Sunday looking back at the new features added during the Wine 1.9 development series...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Unfortunately 1.9 still has some nasty regressions, such as bug #41637 which was caused by a kernel change.

Comment

I mourn about the Overwatch patch series that didn't make it

Comment

Originally posted by bemerk View Post
        There's always TF2 and Paladins while you wait :-)

Comment

No DirectX11? :'(

I promise to try Wine 🍷 again after switching to Gentoo, because I find other distros too messy for trying newer software. I'll report issues and see if these get replied.

Comment

Yeah I think there isn't enough people interested in DX11 with Wine atm, would explain the slow progress on that front. Maybe when DX14 comes out we will finally get dx11 in wine?

Comment

Originally posted by bemerk View Post
              For me, it's the Uplay patch series from staging.

Also, with the Doom (2016) DRM removed, they were probably so close to having that running as well.

Comment

Does anyone use the stable releases? I can't remember if it was 1.6 or 1.8 that was broken for a long time without anyone noticing

Comment

What about bcrypt support? Enabling playing DOOM now that Denuvo has been removed.

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
                    No DirectX11? :'(
                    It isn't ready yet, so... let's be patient.

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
                    I promise to try Wine 🍷 again after switching to Gentoo, because I find other distros too messy for trying newer software. I'll report issues and see if these get replied.
                    How so? Do you use Winetricks? It can work magic... it allows you to create 'virtual machines' where you can have different configs and wine versions... Never had an issue with the dostros i use. (never tried Gentoo)

Comment

Working...
                    X