Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wine 2.0 Coming In December~January: DirectX 11 Support Ongoing, No Android Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blae View Post
    you're mad if you think having company backing somehow makes wine worse
    I wouldn't have a problem if Valve backed a project similar to Wine. But then again, Valve has different incentives to improve the software. If Valve were to go that route, it's to bring more games, users, and developers to Linux. Codeweavers goes where the money is, and Linux isn't it.

Comment

Originally posted by andre30correia View Post

buy the game when it comes to linux, simple
      I had a free key which someone game me to test in Wine. I didn't pay for it.

Comment

Excellent to hear Wine 2.0 is coming.

I personally don't use Stock Wine or Wine Staging, I only use Wine Staging Nine specifically for the GalliumNine performance buffs to MESA-Git on my AMD RX 480.

I would like to see wine grow, just a week ago we had to return Corel PaintShop Pro because it didn't work on Wine Mac.

I turn on my Mac customers to Wine and Wine Bottler, and I use it occasionally on Linux, when I do most of my games are DX9 - StarCraft 2, League of Legends, Fary Cry, etc...

I really think Wine's website, wiki, bugzilla could use a major facelift. I felt PlayOnLinux was good for noobs bug Wine Prefixes via CLI was the most stable for me.

I want to see:

1. Improve website, modern app screenshots, dated. Maybe even a screenshot and test bot to try to launch a plethora of wine apps with each minor release and uploading a screenshot to the website.
        2. Improve Wine CFG (Rename wine-config ?)
        3. Improve Wine GTK3 support
        4. Create official graphical to create and backup wine prefixes.
        5. Make wine prefixes username agnostic (eg: $(whoami) should be able to change when backing up and restoring prefixes)
        6. Wine / CodeWeavers should contact large apps directly and Contract deals to do Mac & Linux ports of Apps providing gaining access to App source code and allowing funding to complete features growing the bridge.

Comment

DENUVO was DISABLED in last DOOM patch.

Comment

Originally posted by untore View Post
            I am hoping to switch to zen+vega, and they better have damn vt-d, and vega cards better not have any issues with passthrough.
            VT-d is an Intel name. AMD goes by the generic term IOMMU, which AFAIK is on all of their desktop processors and chipsets.

Comment

Working...
            X