Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 1.9.24 Ships With More Fixes & Improvements

Phoronix: Wine 1.9.24 Ships With More Fixes & Improvements

Wine 1.9.24 is out as the newest bi-weekly development release of this program for running Windows binaries on Linux and other operating systems...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I would love to play Star Trek Online with DX11 support. Until then, I might just buy Windows 10 -- at least a pro version.

Comment

I would want to be able to play Star Trek Online, but will have to buy the license to use Windows 10 before I can play the game.

What I have in the "Command line" in the Options dialog is "-d3d11enable 0 -d3d9" but the game crashes regardless. I reported the bug to PlayOnLinux, but so far, I haven't got any solutions. "Safe mode" won't help.

Comment

Originally posted by GraysonPeddie View Post
        I would want to be able to play Star Trek Online, but will have to buy the license to use Windows 10 before I can play the game.

What I have in the "Command line" in the Options dialog is "-d3d11enable 0 -d3d9" but the game crashes regardless. I reported the bug to PlayOnLinux, but so far, I haven't got any solutions. "Safe mode" won't help.

Open Source Software for running Windows applications on other operating systems.

Comment

The Witcher 3 still does not work ingame, but now I don't have the graphical corruption in the menus anymore. That's a good thing I guess o/
          And Ori and the blind forest does work pretty well on D3D11 whereas it was broken previously (heavy corruption as previously).

Ingame TW3 crashes with a GLSL shader compile error. When I use winetricks to make it use ARB shaders it shows me that I don't have a DX11 compliant GPU.

Comment

freeze*. Thanks the lack of an edit button

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

There is free windows10 available in ms site when you google: windows 10 download. DX11 games does not work with wine yet.
              It isn't free, you are the product.

Comment

Windows 10 is not free, and wine has partial DX10 and DX11 support. I just tried Dirt 3, and apart of a graphical glitch it does work with D3D11.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

I and Chinese tvbox manufactures even sell computers with this ms provided free win10.
                  windows 7 iso, how to reinstall windows 7, how to restore windows 7, download windows 7 iso, restore windows 7, software recovery, software restore, operating system recovery, Microsoft software recovery, Windows 7 software recovery, Windows 7 operating system recovery, Microsoft operating system recovery, Microsoft recovery, Windows 7 ISO, Windows 7 ISO image, Windows 7, restore Windows 7, reinstall windows 7, re-download Windows 7, Windows 7 disc image

I did sold our old pc with this win10 after using it for 3 months. My client has not said anything after 2 moths. Total 5 months of free usage.
                  When you have graphical glitches, the api does not work.
                  Weird, because on Windows 7 you're forced to enter a key after 30 days iirc.
                  And as I've said, Ori does work flawlessly, and hopefully TW3 is on the way. Dirt3 only has a small graphical glitch that makes the wheels look weird. I wonder how FO4 is going, but I need to update to try.

Comment

In this wine version is the last version according wine-devel, next could be begin Wine 2.0 RC series if begins and then begin appears once RC per week (finish next week could give more idea about this)

Have possibilities Wine 2.0 appears in some place around end of december because this wine dont have big changes like CSMT or DX11 (because DX11 stay in very premature state)

In other issues uplay back to work (disconnected mode), however is needed have uplay and ubisoftgamelauncher configurated in winecfg for use windows 7 as default windows to imitate

Comment

Working...
                    X