No announcement yet.

GNOME Shell & Mutter Land New 3.24 Development Releases, NVIDIA Wayland Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GNOME Shell & Mutter Land New 3.24 Development Releases, NVIDIA Wayland Support
    Michael - in my understanding, Mutter supports NVIDIA's EGLStreams - that is a different aspect. NVIDIA's EGLStreams is still not supported by Wayland - so there is no NVIDIA Wayland Support.

Comment

Originally posted by sarmad View Post
      Nice. I am currently on Ubuntu with nVidia proprietary driver. I was waiting to see which one materializes first, Unity 8 or Gnome Wayland. It looks like I will be switching to Ubuntu Gnome then.
      Ubuntu Gnome was also my first experience with gnome. I didn't realize how bad it was until I switched to fedora. It's buggy and slow and always one release cycle behind gnome upstream.
      To get started on fedora I suggest you start with installing feddy and guides like this

Comment

Originally posted by winie View Post

Ubuntu Gnome was also my first experience with gnome. I didn't realize how bad it was until I switched to fedora. It's buggy and slow and always one release cycle behind gnome upstream.
        To get started on fedora I suggest you start with installing feddy and guides like this
        I have a System76 laptop and they provide a PPA for drivers and they don't support any other distro, and that's why I'm thinking of sticking to Ubuntu. In fact, they don't even support Ubuntu Gnome, just the standard Ubuntu, but I thought there shouldn't be much difference between Ubuntu and Ubuntu Gnome other than the desktop env.

Comment

Originally posted by SomeoneElse View Post

Michael - in my understanding, Mutter supports NVIDIA's EGLStreams - that is a different aspect. NVIDIA's EGLStreams is still not supported by Wayland - so there is no NVIDIA Wayland Support.
          Surely you mean Weston rather than Wayland.

Comment

Originally posted by sarmad View Post
            I have a System76 laptop and they provide a PPA for drivers and they don't support any other distro, and that's why I'm thinking of sticking to Ubuntu. In fact, they don't even support Ubuntu Gnome, just the standard Ubuntu, but I thought there shouldn't be much difference between Ubuntu and Ubuntu Gnome other than the desktop env.
            Are you referring to proprietary drivers in PPA?

Speaking of which, there is a system76 driver in AUR for Arch Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by GraysonPeddie View Post

Are you referring to proprietary drivers in PPA?

Speaking of which, there is a system76 driver in AUR for Arch Linux.
              https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/system76-driver/
              It looks like the aur package just imports the ubuntu one (from launchpad) so it should be pretty up to date. Fair amount of chatter makes it seem like it is maintained.

Comment

Please, support icons on desktop!! Other things are superfluous meanwhile!!!

Comment

Originally posted by q2dg View Post
                  Please, support icons on desktop!! Other things are superfluous meanwhile!!!
                  You already can do it with gnome tweak tool.

Comment

Working...
                  X