GTK+ 3.89.1 Released As First Development Step Towards GTK4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by danielnez1 View Post

GTK+ 3.22 LTS support = ~ 3 Years, Qt 5.6 LTS support = ~ 3 Years. Do try harder next time when trying to spread FUD.
    FUD is the wrong word to use here. This is more like uneducated jeering.
    None the less, it's good to see that gnome will now be on par with Qt in regards to support, which is great because GTK supports some languages that Qt does not.

Comment

Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post
      No, he's correct. Do you think it's alright when someone steals your money and gives it to unemployed ones? PS. Thanks to Clinton and Obama you'll transfer 40 billion dollars to israel. Just awesome..
      That's called simply "stealing", communism is a bit different.

Comment

No, he's correct. Do you think it's alright when someone steals your money and gives it to unemployed ones? PS. Thanks to Clinton and Obama you'll transfer 40 billion dollars to israel. Just awesome..
        It's called solidarity.

I absolutely don't mind paying taxes to support the poor and downtrodden (and I probably pay more in taxes than all the pitiful losers who bitch and moan about "stealing money to give to the unemployed ones"(sic)), because I know exactly how it is to be at the bottom of the barrel.

You should try being humane once, it's not too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by unixfan2001 View Post

It's called solidarity.

I absolutely don't mind paying taxes to support the poor and downtrodden (and I probably pay more in taxes than all the pitiful losers who bitch and moan about "stealing money to give to the unemployed ones"(sic)), because I know exactly how it is to be at the bottom of the barrel.

You should try being humane once, it's not too bad.
          No, it's called stealing and it's domain of communists. USA should rather 'transfer' active ballistic warheads to israel which occupies Palestine.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
            That's called simply "stealing", communism is a bit different.
            Yes, you're right. I didn't see your comment when I was replying above.

Comment

Can we please quit the political nonsense and go back trolling about GTK please?

Comment

Originally posted by oooverclocker View Post
                They like to provide an easily understandable and accessible desktop environment which is really respectable, don't get me wrong. But they have to admit that it is for a small minority.
                Simpler? Sure!
                Easily understandable? Nope!

My issue with Gnome is that it seems i have no control over what i am doing. There's no taskbar or ohter easy way to see what programs i have open and to switch between them, It takes 2x as much clicks to get something done, and yes, the animations take forever.
                If i'm not mistaken they wanted to make it so it would be usable on tablets as well. And i think that's precisely where they went wrong. You either make something that is good for one use case, or you make something that is passable for more than one use case.

I agree that in terms of apps the future is certainly for the same app to be able to run on every platform. But Unity, Gnome and M$ tried to do that for the UI. Which the 'market' quickly proved not to be the correct way to move forward. M$ already started to back down. Why the 2 other continue to press the issue, i don't know...

Comment

No, it's called stealing and it's domain of communists.
                  "stealing" is not what "communists" do.

Comment

No, it's called stealing and it's domain of communists. USA should rather 'transfer' active ballistic warheads to israel which occupies Palestine.
                    Wow! You foul Nazi creatures really aren't afraid to have your BS out in the open anymore.

Comment

Working...
                    X