GTK+ 3.89.1 Released As First Development Step Towards GTK4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

A man who employs thousands of people, are willing to reduce taxes and insurance monopoly and are for entrepreneurs is not idiot like more taxes wanting communist H Clinton. Many countries including US and EU area are more communist than North Korea when taxing is used as meter, see:

Not sure if you're legitimately stupid or just one "yuuuge" troll.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

A man who employs thousands of people, are willing to reduce taxes and insurance monopoly and are for entrepreneurs is not idiot like more taxes wanting communist H Clinton. Many countries including US and EU area are more communist than North Korea when taxing is used as meter, see:

STFU about Clinton as a communist. Baseless/fact free slander is a trademark fo the Cons. Trump doesn't employ people. He brands his name on projects funded by third parties you clown. The man has been bankrupted 5 times. He's a celebrity image that he licenses to third party investors. He's indebted to over $1 billion with the Chinese. So spare me the crap about communism. The man is a narcissist w/ sociopathic tendencies. He's well known to sleep with Hitler's speech histories and much more. He's even bragged about it.

Tax structures in America [as an American] are an inverted pyramid. Anyone who hasn't incorporated themselves into a small LLC and makes > $250k per year is still taxed lower than someone living from paycheck to paycheck. How? You put your damn money into Mutual Funds/Stocks and drawn upon those as tax free assets, with no capital gains taxes. It's been that way for the past 18 years.

He brags about bringing jobs in manufacturing back when he doesn't know a goddamn thing about advanced manufacturing. China has run its course with massive assembly and the big Fabs are converting hundreds of thousands of repetitive line workers to robots.

The Rust Belt is dead. DOA. Coal is DOA in West Virginia; and the world is a giant melting pot, not a place where morons who claim to be the pure Aryans [odd that the word is Hindi in origin] were meant to rule. Evolve or die. The reference to the past being inaccessible earlier in this conversation is appropriate.

You've now created a rise to a loud minority of xenophobes emulating the Third Reich. Enjoy the chaos. In 2018, you lose Congress and don't be surprised if Trump is still running off on Twitter that impeachment charges are brought forth to drag his sorry carcass out of the oval office. The entire reality tv presidency will end like it started: in chaos.

Comment

Please stop talking about lobby puppets. Get back to topic.

Comment

Originally posted by oooverclocker View Post
          No. I file a bug. But if it's such a misconception that there is no hope it will ever be successful it's just a waste of time to do that. I can't even close maximized windows in the screen corner with the standard theme. The window decoration occupies half of my screen and the usage is far from being intuitive and productive. It just fits the new GNOME- style: unproductive but meant to be easy(although it's confusing). But this style doesn't suit all desktops well. And I haven't even mentioned all these confusing messages GTK is responsible for yet.
          So you hate progress on GTK's rendering process because you hate the Gnome HIG? If you hate the Gnome HIG just use Cinnamon or Mate, or if you don't think they'll have much of an impact on GTK UI's outside of their niche then use Qt programs. It shouldn't be that difficult to replace every GTK program you can think of with an equivalent Qt one, and with the few that might be a little bit more trouble, like Libreoffice, they probably don't follow the Gnome HIG anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by SpyroRyder View Post
            So you hate progress on GTK's rendering process because you hate the Gnome HIG?
            I think that they're not bad as a whole. But I don't like the actual implementation in GTK 3 that one can see at the "Design patterns"- article. And this is just one of the issues I mentioned. If you take a look at Linux as a Windows user for example and you can't close the window in the corner but have to move the cursor gently to hit the X- button, it doesn't just take you much time if you sum up how often you do this. It also stresses you and perhaps you won't look further but just stop your journey because you don't know what the symbols mean, you don't like their positioning and you think that it looks so heavy making the actual content looking so small and insignificant.
            just use Cinnamon or Mate
            I'm using Openbox. It's responsive as hell and occupies just 700MiB of RAM, about 1GiB when Firefox is running. It also delivers a high performance in games. The setup takes some time but there is no desktop environment I know performing this well(and suiting my preferences in design that well of course) But the style doesn't fit at all to GTK 3 and I really don't like installing and fitting themes when I already have to theme the native openbox windows.
            use Qt programs.
            It's not that simple because I really like gedit for programming as an example and I wouldn't want to go without my favorite software just because of GTK not being static, stable and unobtrusive enough. Instead it's trying to steal the show although it's just intended to stay in the background making the content accessible that one likes to see.

Comment

Originally posted by unixfan2001 View Post

Not sure if you're legitimately stupid or just one "yuuuge" troll.
              No, he's correct. Do you think it's alright when someone steals your money and gives it to unemployed ones? PS. Thanks to Clinton and Obama you'll transfer 40 billion dollars to israel. Just awesome..

Comment

Originally posted by Griffin View Post
                Hey trolls. How do you like that GTK 3.22 will be stable and maintained for many years?

Be sure to share your butthurt feelings now that GTK offers the most stable toolkit and the fastest developing toolkit.
                GTK+ 3.22 LTS support = ~ 3 Years, Qt 5.6 LTS support = ~ 3 Years. Do try harder next time when trying to spread FUD.

Comment

The devs have changed their release pattern so that they can create an unstable branch to fix the stablity problems of GTK3 and in general not have everyone try and develop against it before it's all good and ready, and you're acting as if it's the worst thing. Then again, with your comment about Debain I guess you are one of those idiots that thinks that everything was good and complete in "the old days" when wifi didn't reliably work.
                  I agree with this part.
                  This is not a stable release.
                  GTK4.0 marks a series of releases where they address API breakage (they intend on improving that area).

That said... If they can address the fact that Gnome is utterly unusable, things might look good for Gnome again.

Comment

Originally posted by nomadewolf View Post
                    If they can address the fact that Gnome is utterly unusable, things might look good for Gnome again.
                    It would be the best. But it wouldn't fit to their current bias. They like to provide an easily understandable and accessible desktop environment which is really respectable, don't get me wrong. But they have to admit that it is for a small minority.
                    So for the majority of people every millisecond that gets stolen by smooth animations instead of: BAAAM - there is the drop down menu, or BAAM - right upper corner, app closed; makes their experience worse, like the clips you have to watch on a gaming console because it loads your game from the hard drive or even the slow disc about which your aggressions rise when you can't skip them on your computer when you have an SSD . And it's not that these animations/transitions won't use computation time as well...

If GNOME likes to stay with this bias I don't have any issues with it. But GTK being developed by them means that this style that fits these needs is used in applications for the majority. So the logical result is either that the majority shifts to Qt or GTK is getting forked suiting the demand of productivity, lightness and high performance for every other well known GTK oriented desktop environment or they realize their position and make a compromise that leads towards a lighter, more responsive and practical design, which might be the most unlike option in my opinion after all these years.

Comment

Originally posted by oooverclocker View Post
                      From its background Qt is not typical open source software and its development depends on Nokia
                      What?
                      Nokia has not participated in Qt development in any signifcant portion for years.

Cheers,
                      _

Comment

Working...
                      X