Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cinnamon 3.2 Desktop Officially Released

Phoronix: Cinnamon 3.2 Desktop Officially Released

Earlier this month we wrote when Cinnamon 3.2 was tagged in Git while now finally the Linux Mint developers have formally announced this next version of their GNOME3-derived desktop...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

No wayland support, track to nowhere

Comment

They added the ability to keep the bar on the left or right side of the screen. That's already progress.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
        They added the ability to keep the bar on the left or right side of the screen. That's already progress.
        Obsolete XFce4 has that panel configurable on the sceen a bit longer, where is the poroghress on Cinnamon? Much more polished DE? OMG

Comment

Progress, sorry...

Comment

Originally posted by pjezek View Post
            Obsolete XFce4 has that panel configurable on the sceen a bit longer, where is the poroghress on Cinnamon? Much more polished DE? OMG
            Don't take me wrong, Cinnamon always ran like garbage on my hardware so I don't have a very high opinion of it, but the fact that they added something that makes sense and is actually useful does at least warrant a mention.

Comment

Holy Moly, that's a long change log. Very nice features here and there, especially the Nemo "Option to double-click empty area to go to parent directory". It's that kind of features that stand out as very useful in day to day work.

Comment

Sounds like a really great release. Deffinitly my favourite desktop for people who come from windows. Especially the fact that customisations are much more intuitive than on gnome (that I use), where you have to use extensions or atleast the gnome tweak tool for many things.

Comment

It looks nice. But it runs like crap (prone to crashes). Or it would be pretty usable.

Comment

Working...
                  X