Mozilla Firefox 50 Readied For Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jacob View Post

He donated 1000 dollars of his personal money, not Mozilla's money. Ergo it is none of Mozilla's business (or anyone else's).
    And he donated it not to a "hateful movement" but to California Proposition no. 8. You know, democracy, constitution, parliament and all that.
    Did it hurt Mozilla publicly? In the eyes of the SJW thought police, possibly. In the eyes of a normal grown-up who is not a member of Generation Snowflake, there is no way it could.
    You can endorse (heck. Even use it to your advantage) democracy and still be a hateful bigot, you know.

As for "Generation Snowflake": A member of the anti-PC party (formerly known as the Party of Lincoln) and famous #NotMyPresident recently bitched and moaned about his partner in crime being verbally confronted in a theatre. Which, of course, is totally the worst thing that ever happened to any US politician within the comforts of a theatre...

Cry me a river.

Comment

Originally posted by jacob View Post

He donated 1000 dollars of his personal money, not Mozilla's money. Ergo it is none of Mozilla's business (or anyone else's).
      And he donated it not to a "hateful movement" but to California Proposition no. 8. You know, democracy, constitution, parliament and all that.
      Did it hurt Mozilla publicly? In the eyes of the SJW thought police, possibly. In the eyes of a normal grown-up who is not a member of Generation Snowflake, there is no way it could.
      Welcome in the mass media world. Everything you say and do can and will be used against you.

So basically, even if I find it morally bad, Mozilla's decision was the safe one.

Comment

Originally posted by unixfan2001 View Post

You can endorse (heck. Even use it to your advantage) democracy and still be a hateful bigot, you know.
        Probably, yes. It's still one step up from a hateful bigot SJW who doesn't respect free speech and diversity of opinions and expresses his #love by assaulting people and burning cars.

But it's not his case, I don't know what did he do that would qualify as hateful and bigot. I note that you don't know either, or you would have told us. All I can see is that he legally and legitimately donated his own money to a legal and legitimate proposition, promoting a legal, legitimate and respectable point of view.

Originally posted by unixfan2001 View Post
        As for "Generation Snowflake": A member of the anti-PC party (formerly known as the Party of Lincoln) and famous #NotMyPresident recently bitched and moaned about his partner in crime being verbally confronted in a theatre. Which, of course, is totally the worst thing that ever happened to any US politician within the comforts of a theatre...

Cry me a river.
        I'm not the one who's crying, except perhaps at the way Mozilla reacted. While I personally oppose same sex marriage, for what I consider good and valid reasons, I don't get #triggered whenever a proponent campaigns for it. I can even see people marching for it in the street without having to revert into my #safespace to suckle on my dummy.

Imagine that.

Comment

Working...
        X