Mozilla Firefox 50 Readied For Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wargames View Post

Yeah, Firefox sucks nowadays. The only thing that keeps me from ditching it is that it respects user privacy, unlike Chrome.
    No it doesn't. Firefox is loaded with spyware, so that Mozilla can sell your online activity to advertisers. Firefox has no more respect for your privacy than Chrome.

If you want a browser which ACTUALLY respects your privacy, one option is Pale Moon. You could also use Chromium (not Chrome)--it does send crash reports to Google by default, but it doesn't track everything you do, and the crash reports can be disabled easily.

Comment

Originally posted by castlefox View Post

Obvious troll detected.
      Not really. Mozilla famously sacked Brendan Eich because he dared sating a personal opinion about same sex marriage. It doesn't get much more SJWish that that.

Comment

Originally posted by adler187 View Post
        [*]Fixes shitty fonts and colors (thin gray fonts on light gray background, wtf modern web!)
        So right! Most blogs particularly are barely readable.
        I know the render is appealing on a tablet but damn this light gray on lighter gray is hell.

Comment

Originally posted by jacob View Post

Not really. Mozilla famously sacked Brendan Eich because he dared sating a personal opinion about same sex marriage. It doesn't get much more SJWish that that.
          Well I have to admit that you cannot be the CEO of a non-private oraganization and promote activism in any form. For this job you need to be completly neutral.
          If they did not sack him, trash medias would have headlined "Firefox hates gay people".

Comment

Originally posted by Mooo View Post
            @nomadewolf: I first answered bug77's post about Chrome nagging: https://www.phoronix.com/forums/foru...259#post911259
            So, same thing with Chrome, you can just bypass the message and never signup in Google.

And what do you mean I excluded the address bar? Just because I cropped the image from uneeded elements I am lying? My screenshot was a photoshop job?
            So, the capture at the bottom of this article http://www.computerworld.com/article...home-page.html is also fake?
            This stockphoto is also fake: http://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-fir...-76603850.html ?
            Oh, and an official answer from 2014: https://support.mozilla.org/fr/quest...#answer-660144 telling it's real.

So, yes, Mozilla does ask you for money.

You and your Mozilla's fanboy friends are the ones lying
            Not very surprisingly, but we're talking different things here.

My beef is with Chrome, which keeps asking me if I want to log in, no matter what.
            Your beef is with Mozilla asking for money. They work on donations, they have to do it, but let's leave that aside for the time being.
            The difference is they're not nagging you about it. You don't want to see that on your home page, you're free to change it at any time (mine has been about:blank for years). If you don't want to sign into Chrome, you're going to keep staring at that prompt forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Passso View Post

Well I have to admit that you cannot be the CEO of a non-private oraganization and promote activism in any form. For this job you need to be completly neutral.
              If they did not sack him, trash medias would have headlined "Firefox hates gay people".
              name me one CEO that got sacked for hating on white people or "angry white men".

Comment

Unless I'm wrong he didn't make a statement on behalf of Mozilla, he just voiced a personal opinion like any private citizen. As a CEO you have to remain neutral in your professional capacity but it doesn't mean you can't have personal opinions on unrelated political or social issues.

Also there are various reasons why someone may decide to oppose gay marriage, without necessarily hating gays.

Comment

The thing is, he donated to Prop8 two years before becoming CEO. There's no evidence he promoted any activism during his CEO tenure.
                  Anyway, it's water under the bridge...

Comment

Originally posted by jacob View Post

He didn't stop at stating it. He donated 1,000 dollars towards a hateful movement. An act that hurt Mozilla publicly.

@137ben

As a Firefox contributor I'd like to call BS. Do you have actual evidence for what you're saying?

Comment

Originally posted by unixfan2001 View Post

He didn't stop at stating it. He donated 1,000 dollars towards a hateful movement. An act that hurt Mozilla publicly.

@137ben

As a Firefox contributor I'd like to call BS. Do you have actual evidence for what you're saying?
                      He donated 1000 dollars of his personal money, not Mozilla's money. Ergo it is none of Mozilla's business (or anyone else's).
                      And he donated it not to a "hateful movement" but to California Proposition no. 8. You know, democracy, constitution, parliament and all that.
                      Did it hurt Mozilla publicly? In the eyes of the SJW thought police, possibly. In the eyes of a normal grown-up who is not a member of Generation Snowflake, there is no way it could.

Comment

Working...
                      X