PackPack: Simple Building Of RPMs & Debian Packages From Git Repos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PackPack: Simple Building Of RPMs & Debian Packages From Git Repos

Phoronix: PackPack: Simple Building Of RPMs & Debian Packages From Git Repos

PackPack is a new open-source (BSD-licensed) project for building RPM and Debian packages from Git repository software sources. PackPack leverages Docker containers, semantic versioning, and can interface with the Travis continuous integration software...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...b-RPM-Building

This guy has a sweet vim setup. I wanna know more about that!

Comment

So, they invented Open Build Service again?

Comment

If QuackPack intends to be something like Archlinux's ABS and then may be start AUR, then it's a cool step, because ATM it was one of the reasons I started using Archlinux. It doesn't mean though that I'd return, because there're other ones, but it's cool to have.

PackPack was developed by the Mail.Ru Group
        Wow! I mean, wow! I doubt peoples out there knows who they're, but… well… it's a russian company, that in the past have had a reputation of very hungry one for money, and pretty uninventive in that intention. There stories about buying different projects, and, in attempts of monetizing, crippling them down; Windows installers, installing some very suspicious software without even asking a user; and something about malware signed by them.

Such a project goes absolutely against their reputation, are they changed?? D:

Comment

Support for ebuilds or AppImage would be awesome

Comment

Originally posted by steve80289 View Post
            This guy has a sweet vim setup. I wanna know more about that!
            http://vim.spf13.com/

So, they invented Open Build Service again?
            May be so. I can't find any service where I can add links to all our 50+ GitHub repositories and then get packages on every commit.
            Our tool is pretty simple, just 300+ lines of Makefiles. I don't feel that we re-invented the wheel

Support for ebuilds or AppImage would be awesome
            I already thought about packing Snap packages automatically on Travis CI [1].
            Please file a feature request for that. Thanks!

[1]: https://github.com/tarantool/taranto...snapcraft.yaml

Comment

Originally posted by Hi-Angel View Post
              If QuackPack intends to be something like Archlinux's ABS and then may be start AUR, then it's a cool step, because ATM it was one of the reasons I started using Archlinux. It doesn't mean though that I'd return, because there're other ones, but it's cool to have.

Wow! I mean, wow! I doubt peoples out there knows who they're, but… well… it's a russian company, that in the past have had a reputation of very hungry one for money, and pretty uninventive in that intention. There stories about buying different projects, and, in attempts of monetizing, crippling them down; Windows installers, installing some very suspicious software without even asking a user; and something about malware signed by them.
              I'm sad to hear that, bro. Actually, neither I nor somebody from our team participated in these scary stories with Windows installers. There is the tough competition on the Internet market - Russia is the last country where Google is still not #1. All three major players here (Yandex, Mail.Ru and Google) practice some bad things to increase their market share.

BTW, Mail.Ru Group is a company co-founded by Yuri Milner, the most famous tech investor, who also invested to Facebook, WhatsApp, Zynga, Groupon, Alibaba and others.

Such a project goes absolutely against their reputation, are they changed?? D:
              Mail.Ru Groups sponsors the core team of our primary project - a general purpose database and application server, called Tarantool. I hope you will like it too.

Comment

Working...
              X