Ring Joins The GNU, Aims For Decentralized, Multi-Device Communication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaucyJack View Post

He cant even do that well, look at his troll bar.
    Troll bar??? What is a troll bar?

Comment

Originally posted by Master5000 View Post
      I'll continue to use skype like all corporations do. GNU Ring sounds like something coded by people living in their mother's basement. There is a reason skype was purchased for 8 billion dollars and Ring is free. Price is signal for quality.
      LOL!! what a shill!

Meraco?! is that you!! https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/...7/posthistory/

Why are you using a different username?

Comment

Price is signal for quality.
        So I guess all your devices are from Apple?

Comment

Strangely it uses Qt5 in the core libring, but the Linux Client uses GTK3.

Comment

I'll continue to use watsapp and teamviewer like all corporations do. Skype is something coded by people living in an asylum. There is a reason skype was purchased by Microsoft and watsapp by Facebook. Buyer is signal for quality.
            fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by plonoma View Post
              Internet website names / DNS-systems could use this too!
              No. A chat will do fine with even a few seconds of delay to resolve an address/name/whatever.

Most of the internet would simply crash and burn with that level of IP-resolution delay. Consider that most pages call back like 10 or so supporting sites for ads, content and whatever. That's like 20 seconds to wait for showing a page.

Comment

You guys may not be aware that Ring has been around for a long time as it was formerly known as SFLphone and originates from Savoir-faire Linux. I haven't tried it very recently but I preferred the old interface. The new one is a bit too dumbed down for my tastes. On the plus side, it is the only free SIP client we were able to get working with TLS. It's a hell of a lot better than Ekiga, which drives me crazy. It's also interesting to note that it has a separate frontend and backend so you could potentially write alternative interfaces for it.

Comment

You moron think that Facebook is better than Microsoft?
                  No, I was just adding more troll to your trollpost.

Did I do well? It seems so.

Comment

Companies that promote web technologies should be banned by the government and their leaders arrested and thrown in jail for life.
                    wut.

Unplug yourself from the internet. You won't be using these shitty web tech anymore.

Even better, uninstall Qt, since it works with javascript. And some GNOME apps too.

Whilst I agree that javascript and PHP is shit, I think that statement I quoted from you is a bit rash.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                      No. A chat will do fine with even a few seconds of delay to resolve an address/name/whatever.

Most of the internet would simply crash and burn with that level of IP-resolution delay. Consider that most pages call back like 10 or so supporting sites for ads, content and whatever. That's like 20 seconds to wait for showing a page.
                      I meant the Distributed / non-centralized part, not the slowness one!
                      Duuuh!
                      Decentralization is all the rage these days.
                      Decentralized internet services seem to be where the dreamers and visionaries are now.
                      Blockchains included:
                      There are people claiming using blockchain based DNS will make the internet immune to DNS (D)DOS attacks.
                      How the Blockchain Could Have Prevented the DNS’ Denial of Service Attack

Activate the Bitcoin economy with apps & smart contracts that use Bitcoin as a secure base layer.

Comment

Working...
                      X