Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blender CUDA Benchmarks On The GeForce GTX 1050/1060/1070/1080

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Blender CUDA Benchmarks On The GeForce GTX 1050/1060/1070/1080

    Phoronix: Blender CUDA Benchmarks On The GeForce GTX 1050/1060/1070/1080

    Following last week's benchmarks of the GeForce GTX 1050 and GTX 1050 Ti has been a request to see some fresh Blender benchmarks with CUDA acceleration of the Pascal line-up. Now having more time with these latest GTX 1000 series cards, here are such benchmarks.

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=23716

  • #2
    AS much as i like this benchmark this Benchmark is useless, it is expected to be that a 1050 is slowet than a 1060 1070 slower than a 1080 and so on i want at least fermi kepler maxwell and pascal to be usefull (((((

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by rudl View Post
      AS much as i like this benchmark this Benchmark is useless, it is expected to be that a 1050 is slowet than a 1060 1070 slower than a 1080 and so on i want at least fermi kepler maxwell and pascal to be usefull (((((
      Simply what people requested... But then the added value is being able to compare your system's performance now directly to these results with PTS.
      Michael Larabel
      http://www.michaellarabel.com/

      Comment


      • #4
        Question: Couldn't I use Radeon RX 480 for games and GTX 1070 for CUDA and as a passthrough to play games in Windows through KVM?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by GraysonPeddie View Post
          Question: Couldn't I use Radeon RX 480 for games and GTX 1070 for CUDA and as a passthrough to play games in Windows through KVM?
          Yes. You can even use your onboard graphics (off of the MOBO, if it has one) and an off-board for KVM, if you only have one card.

          Comment


          • #6
            Put a CPU in the for comparison..

            Comment


            • #7
              *there

              Comment


              • #8
                Which renderer is this benchmark using?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Michael View Post
                  But then the added value is being able to compare your system's performance now directly to these results with PTS.
                  You can compare that, but it's hard to compare other graphics cards to those as CPU, RAM, Storage and other things may affect the comparison. IMHO CPU-only/integrated GPU should be a baseline and with time you could extend this test with additional GPUs. Team red for next part, and older team green for third part and we get a valuable result set.

                  Like Linus Media Group did some benchmarks for their video editing pipeline and they had CPU-only as baseline and then few GPU options.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by rudl View Post
                    AS much as i like this benchmark this Benchmark is useless, it is expected to be that a 1050 is slowet than a 1060 1070 slower than a 1080 and so on i want at least fermi kepler maxwell and pascal to be usefull (((((
                    I'm not disagreeing, but at least it shows it works as expected.
                    There have been instances where a card would be inexplicably slower than lower tier cards. Usually pointing to a bug somewhere.
                    I'm also agreeing that having some reference (be it a previous generation card or CPU rendering), would have added a lot of value. Then again, we know how Michael does the testing.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X