GTK4 Gets Frame-By-Frame Record/Replay Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

And it's a good for diagnosing probably 1% of the bugs. This definitely belongs into a generic framework.

Makes you wonder how have we lived without it so far.
    Do you have a source for the 1% claim or are you just guessing? Rendering problems are not that uncommon.

Comment

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post

Do you have a source for the 1% claim or are you just guessing? Rendering problems are not that uncommon.
      Well, you lashed out at the guy for not reading the blog post in order to understand why this needs to be included in a GUI toolkit. I was just pointing out the blog post doesn't do a very good job explaining that anyway.
      As for the 1%, I know rendering problems are not _that_ uncommon, but at the same time not all rendering problems need frame by frame recording to investigate.

At the end, it seems GTK+ just got a debugging tool. Which leads us back to uid313's question: is it lightweight?

Comment

At the end, it seems GTK+ just got a debugging tool. Which leads us back to uid313's question: is it lightweight?
        It has no cost if you aren't running the debugger...

Comment

Well, you lashed out at the guy for not reading the blog post in order to understand why this needs to be included in a GUI toolkit. I was just pointing out the blog post doesn't do a very good job explaining that anyway.
          Lashed out? We have very different definitions of the term then.

Comment

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post

Lashed out? We have very different definitions of the term then.
            Could be. I didn't mean to offend, English is not my mother tongue. I apologize if I did.

Comment

Could be. I didn't mean to offend, English is not my mother tongue. I apologize if I did.
              I was just surprised to hear it. I was merely quoting the blog in case the OP hadn't read it.

Comment

Working...
              X