Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    What do you guys use Wine for?
    Guild Wars 2 and osu! on my main computer, Diablo II on my HTPC.

Comment

Picasa, WoW, and EVE Online here.

I'll also echo the Jetbrains recommendation. We use IntelliJ IDEA at work a bunch, and I've heard decent things about their non-Java releases as well.

They offer time-limited free trials, and I believe there's a free community license for most of their products.

I'm one of the holdouts on my team, still sticking with my Netbeans... and I won't touch Eclipse with a 10-foot pole.

Comment

Mostly PDF-XChange Editor,

when I'm in the mood some rounds of Crysis 2 (runs perfectly on wine-staging)

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
          I don't have Wine installed anymore. When I had it, I used it for WinMerge and Portal 2.
          What do you guys use Wine for?

What I miss on Linux is Visual Studio.
          you have visual studio code for linux, i have no idea if is enough for you ofc

Comment

I used to play StarCraft2 with wine. But, for some months I couldn't get it running again.
            The endless updates for Battle.net and StarCraft2 seem to require new settins/wine versions/whatever to get it running.

Does anybody has it working? Any hints?
            (The last time I tried the recommendations on winehq and playonlinux without success).

Comment

Originally posted by mibo View Post
              I used to play StarCraft2 with wine. But, for some months I couldn't get it running again.
              The endless updates for Battle.net and StarCraft2 seem to require new settins/wine versions/whatever to get it running.

Does anybody has it working? Any hints?
              (The last time I tried the recommendations on winehq and playonlinux without success).
              The last time I've used the Battle.net launcher was about a month after Legion released, so I'm not really sure if anything changed after that point, but the only thing I needed to do was to set a dll override on msvcp140. Here's the command I used to get the B.net app started:

Code:

mkdir -p ~/'Wine Prefixes' && wget 'https://us.battle.net/download/getInstaller?os=win&installer=Battle.net-Setup.exe' -O ~/'Downloads/Battle.net-Setup.exe' && WINEPREFIX=~/'Wine Prefixes/World of Warcraft' WINEARCH='win64' WINEDLLOVERRIDES='msvcp140=n,b' wine ~/'Downloads/Battle.net-Setup.exe'
              Most guides just set the override from winecfg.

Comment

Thank you. I'll try it tonight.

Comment

There are multiple SC2 bugs open. https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=41071 https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=41090 and battle.net needs winetricks -q corefonts. It may still not work. Can't test.

Comment

In this wine versions apperntly works click right button on taskbar and some menus on systray, usefull for some apps

Comment

Office 2007. Works great.

Comment

Working...
                      X