Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lumina Desktop 1.1 Released

Phoronix: Lumina Desktop 1.1 Released

The BSD-focused, Qt-powered Lumina Desktop Environment is out with its version 1.1 update...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Huzzah! I'm trying it out on TrueOS now....I hope it comes to Debian/related Linux distros soon.

Comment

I have to try this and see how much RAM uses!

Comment

Seems to be a bit mor KDEish than useful... Too many paintings and dependence hell stealing a serious piece of resources. Why KDE developers prefer monolithic structure then modular?

Comment

Complete changelog http://www.lumina-desktop.org/handbo...l#lumina-1-1-0

still too raw for my taste.

Comment

Originally posted by pjezek View Post
            Seems to be a bit mor KDEish than useful... Too many paintings and dependence hell stealing a serious piece of resources. Why KDE developers prefer monolithic structure then modular?
            what? What does this have to do with KDE?

Comment

The last time I tried Lumina 1.0 the UX was terrible. I hope it gets well shaped soon.

Comment

Originally posted by pjezek View Post
                Seems to be a bit mor KDEish than useful...
                It's actually a pleonasm.

Comment

Originally posted by Mateus Felipe View Post
                  The last time I tried Lumina 1.0 the UX was terrible. I hope it gets well shaped soon.
                  I can tell from that screenshot that that File Manager looks like a blast from the past - maybe Konqueror.

As a user I'm not very excited by the creation of a calculator. Could they just blatantly steal UX antics from Apple or Elementary or whoever? If so their product would be immensely improved.

Comment

Originally posted by danieru View Post
                    I have to try this and see how much RAM uses!
                    Would be nice to know, for a comparison with LXDE.

Comment

Working...
                    X