Skype 1.10 Linux Alpha Restores Video Calls Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kalin View Post
    Is it possible to run linux in some kind of sandbox like flatpak ? coz I don't have any trust in micro$oft
    I use firejail, it has a profile for skype alpha already.

Comment

Originally posted by halo9en View Post
      Skype is spyware plain and simple.
      As for the alternatives, I've only tried Jitsi and Tox and they never worked too well here...

Any suggestions? Discord? Ring? Linphone? Which one do you use?
      Not sure if this is good for you but we left skype and went to slack, but in that process we stopped the calling and are mostly chatting right now...

Comment

Originally posted by labyrinth153 View Post
        Ill stick to FaceTime thanks. :/
        #VomitEmotIcon

Comment

Originally posted by vein View Post
          Not sure if this is good for you but we left skype and went to slack, but in that process we stopped the calling and are mostly chatting right now...
          Thanks, but I'm more interested in video chatting.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

Windows is a religion and history shows that they will be here forever. Maybe when us people are in Mars, there is not so much religions.
            No, it is not. People have no religious attachment to Windows, they just use it because its there. They will gladly switch away from their Windows PC to their Apple iPad or Samsung Android phone.

The most religious OS is Linux.

Comment

I'd rather use Linphone. Freedom software, no strange backdoors (Skype had quite a bunch of issues in the past) and Linphone does work on a lot of systems and provides a better feature set. MS is just buying things and then messing them up.
              Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Ill stick to FaceTime thanks. :/
                Troll ? Possibly

Idiot ? Definitely.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post

No, it is not. People have no religious attachment to Windows, they just use it because its there. They will gladly switch away from their Windows PC to their Apple iPad or Samsung Android phone.

The most religious OS is Linux.
                  Bollocks!

Apple is the biggest tech religion and then BSD users are a close second for piousness.

Third place is a toss-up between Amigans/Commodore die-hards and Linux users, maybe.

Comment

Back OT, has anyone tried spreed.me? How does it compare to Jitsi meet and Skype (under Windows/OSX)?

Comment

Yeah this one is going well. Git.
                      Well, consider how you responded to me. What kind of response were you expecting?
                      This thread is about changes coming to the Skype's Linux client and you hijacked it by taking about a communication platform that isn't in the same category. Additionally, your tone was pretty supercilious.
                      Seriously, what were you expecting?

Comment

Working...
                      X