LXQt Memory Usage On Par With LXDE, Loiwer Than Xfce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by birdie View Post

Everyone around me (we are all IT people) doesn't use any graphical file managers - they are all dog slow, browsing is counter intuitive and involves mouse. You could do the same in bash/zsh/ksh/mc 10 times faster.
    A "mouse"? What the hell is that? Another floppy disk format?

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

About that dead matter, as of last month we can say that gtk3 is also dead
      What the...?!?!? Either your joking or I am living under a rock......... What do you mean??? I'm not aware of any world class apocalypse regarding gtk3...

Comment

Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post

Checkout all LXQt components at once by using git submodule. Discussions, Wiki and general issues are here. - lxqt/lxqt

It does seem to have a wayland compositor already.
        Dunno, it does not talk of compositors but only of features that are wayland-ready or not.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
          Dunno, it does not talk of compositors but only of features that are wayland-ready or not.
          I mean, they might go on Wayland through yet another third-party compositor.

Comment

Originally posted by Mavman View Post
            What the...?!?!? Either your joking or I am living under a rock......... What do you mean??? I'm not aware of any world class apocalypse regarding gtk3...
            Maybe you are living under the rock gtk 3.22 is final release in gtk3 serie, so no more - it is same dead as gtk2

But nothing is actually dead there, both gtk2 and gtk3 are feature complete and in maintance

Comment

Maybe you are living under the rock gtk 3.22 is final release in gtk3 serie, so no more - it is same dead as gtk2

But nothing is actually dead there, both gtk2 and gtk3 are feature complete and in maintance
              gtk2 was a nightmare to work with... for me personally.

Comment

Both are dead (per Mavman's vocabulary) now and things of the past, so there is no reason to have nightmares anymore

Comment

Both are dead (per Mavman's vocabulary) now and things of the past, so there is no reason to have nightmares anymore
                  i mostly live by the idea of "New Version Out, old version dead"!!! LOL (i sometimes screw myself over this... but still live by it mostly ahahah)

So, we're having GTK4???? Well, RIP 3!!! :P

Comment

You can talk whatever you want, but gtk2 is unbeatable
                    So they said about Motif.

Comment

Originally posted by PCMan View Post

Hello, I'm the author of the "joke".
                      Would you like to share some ideas to help future improvement?
                      Which part specifically are missing and what's your suggestions?
                      Thanks!
                      I like pcmanfm-qt, all I miss is a dual-pane option, like Dolphin offers when pressing F3.

Comment

Working...
                      X