Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LXQt Memory Usage On Par With LXDE, Loiwer Than Xfce

Phoronix: LXQt Memory Usage On Par With LXDE, Loiwer Than Xfce

LXQt developers have done a desktop memory consumption comparison to show that Qt programs are not necessarily bloated...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It is ugly, but a 100MB desktop can be nice for old boxes.. as long as you do not run a web browser!

Comment

Qt does theme pretty nice though

Comment

A lot of features from original LXDE are still missing. E.g. Pcmanfm is a joke, with most previous feature removed (not re-implemented). Numbers may look good, user experience does not.

Comment

I run LXQt on an old netbook with 1GB RAM and it runs rather well, even when web browsing. It's not a bad DE overall, especially where memory usage matters.

Comment

Yeah pcmanfm is the only file manager I've used that's worse than nautilus. They desperately need to rewrite that pos or use something else.

Comment

Originally posted by Passso View Post
              It is ugly, but a 100MB desktop can be nice for old boxes.. as long as you do not run a web browser!
              I think it is ugly, but I don't think XFCE is any better, and is if anything worse. Bleh.

Comment

Originally posted by SaucyJack View Post
                Yeah pcmanfm is the only file manager I've used that's worse than nautilus. They desperately need to rewrite that pos or use something else.
                worse than nautilus!!!
                IMO its a little bit better but still incomplete

Comment

i like lxqt because i can use compiz with all fancy effects

Comment

@Michael.
                    Would be good to benchmark the efficiency of all the DEs of linux. Gnome, KDE, LX__, enlightenment etc etc

Comment

Working...
                    X