Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compiz 0.7.8 Arrives With New Plug-In

Phoronix: Compiz 0.7.8 Arrives With New Plug-In

Back in May we had the release of Compiz 0.7.6 with rewritten plug-ins and other changes to boost the vitality of this popular compositing manager. Since then all activity on the Compiz front has been relatively quiet, until this morning...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Compiz 0.7.8 Arrives With New Plug-In

Back in May we had the release of Compiz 0.7.6 with rewritten plug-ins and other changes to boost the vitality of this popular compositing manager. Since then all activity on the Compiz front has been relatively quiet, until this morning...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=NjcyNg

Many people think eye-candy is unnecessary, and I can agree to some extent. However, I do also think Compiz has improved on my user experience by providing, e.g. wobbly windows.

For example, if it doesn't wobble, it is probably stuck. Also, the fading/darkening of the entire screen due to one unresponsive is also a subtle, but useful improvement. The flashing/rotating minimizations of windows etc also are useful for the same reason. They give me feedback, cues that something is going on.

Thanks for Compiz!

Comment

Compiz is very nice yes, but I still don't use it on a regular basis. The reason is that it doesn't play nice with OpenGl programs. How is the development of DRI2? Will ATI and NVIDIA use DRI2 in their drivers?

Comment

Working...
      X