KDE Introduces An Advisory Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
    What is this "ignore list" people mention?
    Another broken feature, unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
      Unlike KDE each Gnome release has new serious features to show. But KDE fans will argue otherwise.
      What a dumb troll. New Gnome releases are nothing more than catch up to Gnome 2 and KDE. KDE is years ahead when comes to features.

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post

3.22 Release Notes:
        - Rename Multiple Files
        - Photo Sharing (Google, Email)
        - Software App more compact for netbooks, low res, etc...
        - Wayland is default
        - File Manager menu simplified, eg: zoom [+ / -].
        - Keyboard Accelerator Search
        - Calendar Alarms
        - Calendar Drag & Drop Events between days
        - Calendar 5 day view
        - Polari IRC Client remembers passwords
        - Gnome Boxes can clone virtual qemu appliances across the network
        - ePub has been added to Gnome Books
        - Flatpak has been released and added

Do you want to sleep more or do you care to wake up? Or perhaps when you said "features" you were referring to 3D Desktop Cube and Wobbly Windows -- "features" that have 0 value helping me get real work done on my business.

I'm very content with Gnome's changes and lack of stupid decisions to just throw the whole model & workflow out the window every new major version release. What some consider rennovation, and innovation I consider deviation from user expectations.

I for one don't want Linux to be a giant Windows 8 touch screen tile or whatever fad is current.
        And this is good example of typical ignorant Gnome user. Those features are nothing more, but catch up to what KDE already offers. Rename multiple files, really? It's available in Dolphin since long time. I can name dozenz of KDE features Gnome users won't see in next ten years.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post

Let's make one thing very bluntly clear here, you sir... are a troll, a whiny annoying troll who has nothing better to do than to whine, lie, and spread misinformation in every topic he posts in, in a way that puts the BSD trolls to shame, and most people in this forum are sick of your shit. If you do not stop your bad behavior, you will likely find yourself run off this form as Quadrium and a few others were before you.
          Are you talking about yourself, Luke? Because all I see is hollow accusations from a person I know nothing about. I would like to see some proofs but I guess it's you who's actually trolling here because unlike you I don't make things up and I actually help open source projects. But you're free to threaten me as much as you want - this changes nothing and only shows what a petty nothing you are.

Comment

Cue MIR support in 3..2..1..

Seems that open source projects are relatively cheap to control these days.

Comment

Originally posted by M@yeulC View Post
              I really like KDE, Qt and stuff, but every time I think about it, I cannot see how developers could have thought that Javascript would be a good thing on the desktop.
              As far as I know there are no applications written in JavaScript.
              Are you referring to added application scripting features using QtScript?

Or maybe you are mixing things up with GNOME? E.g. GNOME Maps is written mostly in JavaScript and I think some extensions of GNOME Shell are using it.

Cheers,
              _

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post
                3.22 Release Notes:
                Is that shit related in any way with the DE (apart from wayland)? Because I don't need crappy applications from GNOME, I need a DE. I have firefox, thunderbird and all my applications that work 100% fine for me already.

Or perhaps when you said "features" you were referring to
                ... the fact that GNOME isn't adding nor fixing anything noteworthy to the DE, which is the only thing that most people asks from them.
                Hell, the lockscreen still locks up hard on some hardware (not just NVIDIA) and only way to get in again is to restart the whole goddamn X server from another tty's comman line.

Or the fact that GNOME still uses up tty1 for wtf reasons and if you switch to it you see a broken screen, and this shit also triggers memory leaks every now and then depending on driver bugs or whatever.

I'm very content with Gnome's changes and lack of stupid decisions to just throw the whole model & workflow out the window every new major version release.
                Well, Gnome 3 did that, and they also kept breaking all APIs at random when it suited them.

I for one don't want Linux to be a giant Windows 8 touch screen tile or whatever fad is current.
                KDE default is a desktop PC's desktop, while GNOME's is that weird-ass thing that pulls a broken app drawer without categories.

Comment

Why do these threads always have to wind up in a Gnome vs KDE "debate"...
                  Gnome serves a different group of users than KDE, they have different philosophies and they both have their own issues.
                  If a DE doesn't follow your philosophy: deal with it, use something you do like instead. Arguing about which DE is the best DE (or is improving the most, etc...) is pointless.

And, please stop "fixing" posts starshipeleven, its just annoying and I see it way too often. If you disagree with someone you can hold a civil discussion with with that person, don't respond like a five year old.

Originally posted by anda_skoa View Post
                  As far as I know there are no applications written in JavaScript.
                  Are you referring to added application scripting features using QtScript?
                  As far as I know the qml language is based on javascript, perhaps that was what M@yeulC was referring to.

Comment

Originally posted by JonathanM View Post
                    As far as I know the qml language is based on javascript, perhaps that was what M@yeulC was referring to.

Maybe, but then it was a particularily weak flame bait.

There is very little actual JavaScript in QML, unless developers go out of their way to avoid best practices and try to do as less as possible in the C++ part of the application.

Cheers,
                    _

Comment

Originally posted by JonathanM View Post
                      Why do these threads always have to wind up in a Gnome vs KDE "debate"...
                      Who can pass on an opportunity to show how open minded they are? And also, whatever does not suit me, must be flawed, right?

Comment

Working...
                      X