No announcement yet.

LXQt 0.11 Released, Improves The User Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the means that the hard dependencies of kwin will be reduced to being qt-only, rather than requiring big chunks of KDE

Comment

Originally posted by Geopirate View Post
      Wayland isn't a compsitor, it's a protocol. Weston is their default compositor, but it's really basic. Kwin would be a much better option as the KDE folks are doing the heavy lifting already.
      Is weston a wrapper of wayland for xorg!?

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post

Weston is the wayland reference compositor. It has nothing to do with xorg, besides that in can run in an X window for testing.

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
          Wayland is a protocol, a language for two programs to communicate.
          Weston is the example program that talks this protocol, so people can develop software that is similar to it.

Comment

Originally posted by patstew View Post
            I think the means that the hard dependencies of kwin will be reduced to being qt-only, rather than requiring big chunks of KDE
            KDE still doesnt support NVIDIA. so its not even complete.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
              Wayland is a protocol, a language for two programs to communicate.
              Weston is the example program that talks this protocol, so people can develop software that is similar to it.
              That's my understanding as well, but, then... what is this?

Wayland protocol libraries. Contribute to nobled/wayland development by creating an account on GitHub.

If Wayland is is a protocol, why is there source code and not just documentation? It seems like it's a protocol + extra stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by bison View Post
                That's my understanding as well, but, then... what is this?
                Wayland protocol libraries. Contribute to nobled/wayland development by creating an account on GitHub.

If Wayland is is a protocol, why is there source code and not just documentation? It seems like it's a protocol + extra stuff.
                There is a good summary one level up from there, per the 'README': https://raw.githubusercontent.com/no.../master/README

Comment

Originally posted by bitman View Post

What does that mean? Surely it can not mean that kwin will not be able to handle GTK applications.
                  I think it was the reverse - that the Plasma desktop shell would start requiring kwin and fail to run on other compositors. I don't think kwin itself would fail to run for other desktops, though, so no effect for lxqt.

Comment

Originally posted by jwh7 View Post
                    There is a good summary one level up from there, per the 'README': https://raw.githubusercontent.com/no.../master/README

Thanks for the link.

Comment

Working...
                    X