GNOME 3.22 Now Available On OpenSUSE Tumbleweed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good on you openSuse!
    do you still do crazy shit like "auto-installing" flash after installation at first update??
    I also wish Geckolinux to finish soon putting all things together for an update of their rolling version..

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post

wrong, there is Wayland 1.12
      As I said. This is the protocol version.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waylan...erver_protocol)

Comment

Originally posted by horizonbrave View Post
        do you still do crazy shit like "auto-installing" flash after installation at first update??
        I'm not OpenSUSE but I'm running a current OpenSUSE Leap (not the betas) since like 4 months, and after countless updatens and software installations, flash player is still NOT installed (the chromium pepper flash was installed as per my orders when I installed chromium).

Here the installed packages are marked with a "i" on the left.
        Code:
        sudo zypper search flash
        root's password:
        Loading repository data...
        Reading installed packages...

S | Name                   | Summary                                                  | Type     
        --+------------------------+----------------------------------------------------------+-----------
          | btcflash               | Firmware flash utility for BTC DRW1008 DVD+/-RW recorder | package  
        i | chromium-pepper-flash  | Adobe Flash PPAPI Plugin                                 | package  
          | chromium-pepper-flash  | Adobe Flash PPAPI Plugin                                 | srcpackage
          | flash-player           | Adobe Flash Plugin and Standalone Player                 | package  
          | flash-player           | Adobe Flash Plugin and Standalone Player                 | srcpackage
          | flash-player-gnome     | Adobe Flash Plugin and Standalone Player Settings        | package  
        i | flashrom               | A universal flash programming utility                    | package  
          | flashrom               | A universal flash programming utility                    | srcpackage
          | flashrom-debuginfo     | Debug information for package flashrom                   | package  
          | flashrom-debugsource   | Debug sources for package flashrom                       | package  
          | stm32flash             | Flash Program for the STM32 Bootloader                   | package  
          | stm32flash             | Flash Program for the STM32 Bootloader                   | srcpackage
          | texlive-flashcards     | A class for typesetting flashcards                       | package  
          | texlive-flashcards-doc | Documentation for texlive-flashcards                     | package  
          | texlive-flashmovie     | Directly embed flash movies into PDF files               | package  
          | texlive-flashmovie-doc | Documentation for texlive-flashmovie                     | package  
          | tvflash                | Tool to manage Mellanox HCA firmware flash memory        | package

Comment

I also wish Geckolinux to finish soon putting all things together for an update of their rolling version..
          Building right now as we speak.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
            I'm not OpenSUSE but I'm running a current OpenSUSE Leap (not the betas) since like 4 months, and after countless updatens and software installations, flash player is still NOT installed (the chromium pepper flash was installed as per my orders when I installed chromium).

Here the installed packages are marked with a "i" on the left.
            Code:
            sudo zypper search flash
            root's password:
            Loading repository data...
            Reading installed packages...

S | Name | Summary | Type
            --+------------------------+----------------------------------------------------------+-----------
            | btcflash | Firmware flash utility for BTC DRW1008 DVD+/-RW recorder | package
            i | chromium-pepper-flash | Adobe Flash PPAPI Plugin | package
            | chromium-pepper-flash | Adobe Flash PPAPI Plugin | srcpackage
            | flash-player | Adobe Flash Plugin and Standalone Player | package
            | flash-player | Adobe Flash Plugin and Standalone Player | srcpackage
            | flash-player-gnome | Adobe Flash Plugin and Standalone Player Settings | package
            i | flashrom | A universal flash programming utility | package
            | flashrom | A universal flash programming utility | srcpackage
            | flashrom-debuginfo | Debug information for package flashrom | package
            | flashrom-debugsource | Debug sources for package flashrom | package
            | stm32flash | Flash Program for the STM32 Bootloader | package
            | stm32flash | Flash Program for the STM32 Bootloader | srcpackage
            | texlive-flashcards | A class for typesetting flashcards | package
            | texlive-flashcards-doc | Documentation for texlive-flashcards | package
            | texlive-flashmovie | Directly embed flash movies into PDF files | package
            | texlive-flashmovie-doc | Documentation for texlive-flashmovie | package
            | tvflash | Tool to manage Mellanox HCA firmware flash memory | package
            I haven't used OpenSUSE in a while but my recollection was that while the software updater didn't constantly reinstall packages from that default installation that you purposefully removed, the package manager would. Anytime I used the package manager I'd have to go uncheck all the crappy games I removed because it would reinstall them if I didn't. That's probably what OP was talking about.

Comment

I'm on Opensuse now though my flash problem was fixed by uninstalling and reinstalling the components after an update through the package manager. Though I'm running tumbleweed which has been way more stable for me than the periodic releases ever were.

There's always been some nagging bug on something basic but non system shattering though like manually having to setup wi fi and the icon info not changing afterwards making it look disconnected(13.2). Or like now the distro update icon fails cause it trips over something else so you gotta run zypper from the terminal after it stops trying to do its thing. Seen the bug reported by at least some others but still seems to linger. Pity cause I love most of the ideas they develop so I'd probably stop distro hopping even with the rather long extra repo adding you have to do to make it usable (thanks to legal reasons not them) if stuff like that stopped popping up.

Comment

good on you openSuse!
                no flash on suse since years
                Last edited by tomtomme; 25 September 2016, 03:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Doodzor View Post

I haven't used OpenSUSE in a while but my recollection was that while the software updater didn't constantly reinstall packages from that default installation that you purposefully removed, the package manager would. Anytime I used the package manager I'd have to go uncheck all the crappy games I removed because it would reinstall them if I didn't. That's probably what OP was talking about.
                  you could just uncheck the checkbox "install recommended software" in the menu in yast-software?
                  for the zypper command line you can also just uncheck it in /etc/zypper/zypper.conf or zypp.conf - I forgot which one...

Comment

Originally posted by Etherflyer View Post
                    I'm on Opensuse now though my flash problem was fixed by uninstalling and reinstalling the components after an update through the package manager. Though I'm running tumbleweed which has been way more stable for me than the periodic releases ever were.

There's always been some nagging bug on something basic but non system shattering though like manually having to setup wi fi and the icon info not changing afterwards making it look disconnected(13.2). Or like now the distro update icon fails cause it trips over something else so you gotta run zypper from the terminal after it stops trying to do its thing. Seen the bug reported by at least some others but still seems to linger. Pity cause I love most of the ideas they develop so I'd probably stop distro hopping even with the rather long extra repo adding you have to do to make it usable (thanks to legal reasons not them) if stuff like that stopped popping up.
                    with tumbleweed you only need packman as an additional repo. and games:tools if you need playonlinux.

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
                      does Tumble have Wayland 1.12 ?
                      1.11 at the moment. (First I thought 1.12.99 but I had pontostroys d3dnine repo activated)
                      1.12 was released 5 days ago. So they are indeed a bit late here
                      Last edited by tomtomme; 25 September 2016, 03:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X