Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME 3.22 Now Available On OpenSUSE Tumbleweed

Phoronix: GNOME 3.22 Now Available On OpenSUSE Tumbleweed

If you are using openSUSE's Tumbleweed rolling-release Linux distribution, you now have access to the upstream GNOME 3.22 packages...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag....22-Tumbleweed

Even before Arch? Nice.

Comment

Us Gentoo users just have to rub our hands together and... wait...

Comment

I tried out what was in [gnome-unstable] on Arch but it only covered the basics like gnome-session, gdm, and app compatibility broke with 3.20 photos, and things requiring a google online account.

So I reverted and am deciding to wait for it to hit [testing] and [multilib-testing].

It's not very exciting when the app updates are what you're looking forward to.

Comment

Originally posted by killyou View Post
          Even before Arch? Nice.
          yep. tumbleweed nowadays is the fastest rolling distro, if you are not going for testing, beta, or other non-official ppas / repos. The openQA testing system really pays off now.

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post
            I tried out what was in [gnome-unstable] on Arch but it only covered the basics like gnome-session, gdm, and app compatibility broke with 3.20 photos, and things requiring a google online account.

So I reverted and am deciding to wait for it to hit [testing] and [multilib-testing].

It's not very exciting when the app updates are what you're looking forward to.
            Just use:

[gnome-devel]
            Server = http://softwareperonista.com.ar/repo...e-devel/x86_64

Always has the latset Alpha, Beta or Stable release. All GNOME 3.22 packages landed a few days ago.

Comment

or just use Fedora, always has the latest Gnome ( rawhide )

Comment

does Tumble have Wayland 1.12 ?

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
                  does Tumble have Wayland 1.12 ?
                  There is no Wayland 1.12 Software. It's just the protocol version number which has to be implemented by a wayland compositor and there are different ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Steffo View Post

There is no Wayland 1.12 Software. It's just the protocol version number which has to be implemented by a wayland compositor and there are different ones.
                    wrong, there is Wayland 1.12

Comment

Working...
                    X