X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystro256
    replied
    Originally posted by bkor View Post

Next version of GNOME will be 3.24. Maybe eventually there will be some confusion regarding the version differences, but let's see. Many years ago the GTK+ versions weren't aligned with the GNOME versions. Maybe with the release of GTK+ GNOME could switch from 3.x to 4.x. However, there's some crazy fear whenever the major changes. Slightly like when the kernel does it, but more extreme.
    Are you saying that GNOME will continue using 3.X until 4.0 is released? or is that just speculation? I'm curious if 3,24 will be using GTK 3.22.X or 3.90.

Leave a comment:

• k1e0x
    replied
    Ugh.. I want it.. gonna be awhile till I can get a non systemd'd version into FreeBSD. Current Gnome-3.18

Leave a comment:

• bkor
    replied
    Originally posted by Mystro256 View Post
    Well the question is, will the next version of gnome be 3.24 or 3.90? I assumed those new version numbers were just for GTK, rather than the whole desktop.
    Next version of GNOME will be 3.24. Maybe eventually there will be some confusion regarding the version differences, but let's see. Many years ago the GTK+ versions weren't aligned with the GNOME versions. Maybe with the release of GTK+ GNOME could switch from 3.x to 4.x. However, there's some crazy fear whenever the major changes. Slightly like when the kernel does it, but more extreme.

Leave a comment:

• flubba86
    replied
    Originally posted by flubba86 View Post
    Whats the best way to get 3.22 on Ubuntu 14.04?
    Damn, can't edit. I mean 16.04. I'm on Xenial.

Leave a comment:

• flubba86
    replied
    Whats the best way to get 3.22 on Ubuntu 14.04?
    I've been using the "Gnome 3 Staging" PPA for about 4 months, and it has always kept me up to date with the latest 3.20 releases, but it doesnt seem to have the 3.22 release.
    This PPA will be used to test uploads before they are uploaded to the main archive for the coming Release. === *WARNING* === The packages here have been deemed not ready for general use, they have known bugs and/or regressions, sometimes of a critical nature. Mostly things should run smoothly but be prepared to use ppa-purge, when you encounter issues! If they break your system, you get to keep both halves. === Installing === To use this PPA, you should enable the main GNOME3 PPA. - You n...

Leave a comment:

• Klassic Six
    replied
    Is image viewing widget merged?

Leave a comment:

• sebastianlacuesta
    replied
    Originally posted by pgoetz View Post
    Good lord, who cares about flatpak? It feels like Canonical has already won this battle with Snap packages, and if not Snap, then AppImage would be next in line. Flatpak is way too gnome specific to be of interest to a larger audience. Another huge waste of time and energy on a poorly thought out idea.
    I didn't cared until I tried it using gnome nightly and graphics repos. Very pleased with the results, little amount of dependencias and not giant download as libreoffice snaps. A good invest of time and energy on a very well thought idea.

Leave a comment:

• Okki
    replied
    Originally posted by pgoetz View Post
    Good lord, who cares about flatpak? It feels like Canonical has already won this battle with Snap packages, and if not Snap, then AppImage would be next in line. Flatpak is way too gnome specific to be of interest to a larger audience. Another huge waste of time and energy on a poorly thought out idea.
    It's a Freedesktop and not just a GNOME project. Ubuntu now uses GNOME Software and therefore supports Flatpak. KDE is also planning to support it.

Leave a comment:

• pgoetz
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ElectricPrism
    replied
    Originally posted by Theriverlethe View Post
    Coming soon to an Ubuntu 17.04 and Debian 2018 near you!
    I know when I go to my local bakery I prefer my bread to be 3 months old+

That way my bread is "stable", my friends joke that it's also another word like "stable" but I can't figure out what ?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X