Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GNOME 3.22 Officially Released

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • GNOME 3.22 Officially Released

    Phoronix: GNOME 3.22 Officially Released

    The highly-anticipated GNOME 3.22 desktop release is now available...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-3.22-Released

  • #2
    So GSK is coming in 3.24. It had better be good, and I guess it will be, now that they're taking the opportunity to think clearly about it and not ship an API they're going to need to deprecate in a few months. :- )

    Comment


    • #3
      Coming soon to an Ubuntu 17.04 and Debian 2018 near you!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by microcode View Post
        So GSK is coming in 3.24. It had better be good, and I guess it will be, now that they're taking the opportunity to think clearly about it and not ship an API they're going to need to deprecate in a few months. :- )
        AFAIK there wont be a 3.24.

        New release cycle will release a "semi stable" 3.90/3.91 in 6 months time that will only be for the consumption of official gnome apps. Everyone else will continue to use 3.22 until at some point where the 3.9x API is considered stable and released as 4.0.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by microcode View Post
          So GSK is coming in 3.24. It had better be good, and I guess it will be, now that they're taking the opportunity to think clearly about it and not ship an API they're going to need to deprecate in a few months. :- )
          Well GSK shouldn't be coming to GTK until 3.90 no? Which begs the question, will GNOME 3.24 use GTK 3.90 or 3.22 (LTS)?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by You- View Post

            AFAIK there wont be a 3.24.

            New release cycle will release a "semi stable" 3.90/3.91 in 6 months time that will only be for the consumption of official gnome apps. Everyone else will continue to use 3.22 until at some point where the 3.9x API is considered stable and released as 4.0.
            Well the question is, will the next version of gnome be 3.24 or 3.90? I assumed those new version numbers were just for GTK, rather than the whole desktop.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Theriverlethe View Post
              Coming soon to an Ubuntu 17.04 and Debian 2018 near you!
              I know when I go to my local bakery I prefer my bread to be 3 months old+

              That way my bread is "stable", my friends joke that it's also another word like "stable" but I can't figure out what ?

              Comment


              • #8
                Good lord, who cares about flatpak? It feels like Canonical has already won this battle with Snap packages, and if not Snap, then AppImage would be next in line. Flatpak is way too gnome specific to be of interest to a larger audience. Another huge waste of time and energy on a poorly thought out idea.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by pgoetz View Post
                  Good lord, who cares about flatpak? It feels like Canonical has already won this battle with Snap packages, and if not Snap, then AppImage would be next in line. Flatpak is way too gnome specific to be of interest to a larger audience. Another huge waste of time and energy on a poorly thought out idea.
                  It's a Freedesktop and not just a GNOME project. Ubuntu now uses GNOME Software and therefore supports Flatpak. KDE is also planning to support it.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by pgoetz View Post
                    Good lord, who cares about flatpak? It feels like Canonical has already won this battle with Snap packages, and if not Snap, then AppImage would be next in line. Flatpak is way too gnome specific to be of interest to a larger audience. Another huge waste of time and energy on a poorly thought out idea.
                    I didn't cared until I tried it using gnome nightly and graphics repos. Very pleased with the results, little amount of dependencias and not giant download as libreoffice snaps. A good invest of time and energy on a very well thought idea.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X