Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opera 40 Released With Built-In VPN Support, Chromecast

Phoronix: Opera 40 Released With Built-In VPN Support, Chromecast

Besides Mozilla Firefox 49 being available, so is the latest stable update to the Opera browser powered by Chromium's Blink engine...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Chrome 40 ships -> Opera 40 ships

Comment

Oh Hai - Opera user here (have been since the 5.x days).
      I am not as exclusive as I used to be though, chrome/chromium are my secondary with vivaldi and firefox bringing up the rear.

The main feature of Opera that I miss in other browsers is: Mouse Gestures!

Comment

Originally posted by boxie View Post
        Oh Hai - Opera user here (have been since the 5.x days).
        I am not as exclusive as I used to be though, chrome/chromium are my secondary with vivaldi and firefox bringing up the rear.

Oh hai! Ex-Opera user here. Vivaldi has mouse gestures. Not that I use them.

Comment

Originally posted by boxie View Post
          FireGestures is a really good extension for Firefox, I'm not missing anything with it.

There's a few extensions for Chromium too, I settled on crxMouse Chrome Gestures, it seems to do the trick, though I don't use Chromium much.

Comment

The built in VPN thing is nice.

Comment

Help find more C++ devs to otter-browser and opera becomes history

Comment

Originally posted by nomadewolf View Post
                The built in VPN thing is nice.
                But before using that one, ppl have to consider Opera has been bought by chinese company and China known to have plenty of draconian laws when it comes to networking, censorship and privacy. So one may want to think twice before using vpn services like this. Uhm sure they claim they do not log anything, blah-doh. But its hard to get definitive proof, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by SystemCrasher View Post
                  But before using that one, ppl have to consider Opera has been bought by chinese company and China known to have plenty of draconian laws when it comes to networking, censorship and privacy. So one may want to think twice before using vpn services like this. Uhm sure they claim they do not log anything, blah-doh. But its hard to get definitive proof, isn't it?
                  Thanks for the info. Didn't know about that.

Comment

Originally posted by SystemCrasher View Post
                    Depending on where the VPN end points are and how the company is structured and lots of other variables...

Also a general nod to the saying: "If the product costs nothing, then you are the product"

Comment

Working...
                    X