No announcement yet.

Adobe Returns To Updating NPAPI/Linux Flash Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isn't the lack of support on mobile devices killing flash anyways? Look flash is dying, but isn't dead. As much as I wish it completely dead buried in an unmarked grave, this announcement is a good thing for linux users.

Comment

untill some games use flash some ppl will need him, it's a good thing but maybe to late. Next thing Adobe CS in linux?

Comment

Originally posted by andre30correia View Post
        untill some games use flash some ppl will need him, it's a good thing but maybe to late. Next thing Adobe CS in linux?
        All flash game designers tend to hate STRONGLY Adobe due to lack of Android support, most have already moved to Unity or other suitable gaming engines.

Comment

Unexpected, but good move... It is cool, i generally like when linux have more options

Comment

Originally posted by rabcor View Post
            If Adobe ports photoshop to linux, I will buy it in a heartbeat. If corel ports painter to linux, I will buy that in a heartbeat, first one to port wins my money.
            Why? I get they may make a good product you find useful, but why wouldn't you try to get an open source project up that has the features/tools you need?

Comment

He, he, works immidiately here in FF and VDPAU accel working...

So nvidia, radeon, amdgpu and amdgpu-pro have nothing to complain there i guess, new up to date supported release and viola you have decode on YT there.

Comment

So only remaing compliants goes too - Should i blob or not to blob to

Comment

Actually it is pretty buggy, but that is curtesy of beta and long revival period from death

Comment

Get this error trying to access the W-4 forms on my employers website in chrome on mint:
                    Errors

• Please disable the "Chrome PDF Viewer" by directing your browser to chrome://plugins and enable the Adobe Acrobat plugin. If you do not have Adobe Reader, please download it using the button below.
                    Seriously, GDIT adobe.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

FlashBlock has been around for ages. The number of Flash ads is constantly dwindling. So things are looking better regardless of whether Adobe cares about Linux or not. Yet there are some things (e.g. games) that actually need Flash. So I'm ok with it getting some love.
                      When did you last play a flash game? (honestly interested) I can't remember ever seeing one for the last eight years.

Haven't had flash installed for at least three years and never had any problems except for Spotify Web Player, but as there is a native Spotify client it wasn't really a problem.

Comment

Working...
                      X