KDE Software Store Announced, AGPL Licensed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
    What are you talking about? Not only do KDE Frameworks provide "proper long term API compatibility", they even provide a stable ABI (just like kdelibs before).
    You apparently confuse KDE with Gnome/GTK 3.
    I'm talking about hundreds of unsupported and killed applications written for KDE2/KDE3/4 which are no longer maintained or provided by Linux distros, because their authors couldn't bother updating them for new shiny KF5.

Perhaps you're very new to Linux and you yourself is very young that's why you're talking BS.

Comment

This is a fantastic move, a KDE Store is exactly what KDE is missing which will win me over as a user.

I just really need a sane App Launcher too, like Slingshot (App Screen on 4k resolution is ridiculous.)

Comment

Originally posted by snizzo View Post
        Completely agree with you. I just wanted to point out that when some of the persons that belongs to a community are paid to do so by a company the line between project and product is very blurry. As an oss developer hearing that there's someone, even if smiling and friendly, that decides what you can or can't do for free is depressing. It basically happened to me. I was told that concurrent implementations weren't allowed, then I was told the opposite when rising problems in ml in public. But for sure my server wouldn't have been used, that's why I left development. Also just wanted people to be aware of this. I couldn't imagine what would happen to kde if bs for whatever reason decides to close all the working spots.
        OSS development is not "freedom", OSS development still has a chain of command just like any other software development where project directors decide. Please take your communism somewhere else.

Also, please read my post here https://www.phoronix.com/forums/foru...647#post895647
        It was caught in this forum's auto-moderation feature and appeared later without triggering a notification.

Comment

I think you read my email I sent to kde discussion and my conversation. Please read them again, I did mention kidney stones for which I had morphine therapy at the time, not mental illness.
          “my social fear” https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-c...q1/002183.html

So social anxiety disorder is not a mental illness these days… OK…

I was asked to abandon my project and join this one at closed doors, I declined.
          You were offered a job? How evil of them…

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
            I'm talking about hundreds of unsupported and killed applications written for KDE2/KDE3/4 which are no longer maintained or provided by Linux distros, because their authors couldn't bother updating them for new shiny KF5.

Perhaps you're very new to Linux and you yourself is very young that's why you're talking BS.
            Those applications work just fine when distributions ship the required kdelibs versions. Fedora, openSUSE, and plenty of other modern distributions ship all versions dating back to at least kdelibs3.

You should learn how major and minor version numbering in libraries works.

Originally posted by [B
            Griffin[/B]]Gnome now got a killer software center while KDE reinvented the 90's.
            Wow, another guy incapable of comprehending the difference between a back-end for a web service and a GUI front-end. In addition you're apparently also incapable of reading because that has been clarified in this thread already.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
              Wow, another guy incapable of comprehending the difference between a back-end for a web service and a GUI front-end. In addition you're apparently also incapable of reading because that has been clarified in this thread already.
              You just cannot stop talking BS.

Install KNetStats or KSensors in Fedora 24 or Ubuntu 16.10 without compiling them from sources and not using chroot or any other tricks not accessible for the average Joe. You cannot? Why won't you stop talking BS, please? I've been running Linux since 1996 for fuq's sake. But you're the only knowledgeable person here, right? Go fuq off, Retar Do.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
                Install KNetStats or KSensors in Fedora 24 or Ubuntu 16.10 without compiling them from sources
                Are they even packaged for any distro that is newer than 2010? Because that is technically just a packaging issue. Anyone with mild understanding can set up a ppa or a opensuse equivalent or an Arch equivalent or whatever to distribute it.

Comment

So the white FOSS heroes from KDE developed for a company behind closed doors and then threw the code over the wall?

where is the outcry now? Oh wait, its the critics themselves doing it now.

Comment

Originally posted by k1l_ View Post
                    So the white FOSS heroes from KDE developed for a company behind closed doors and then threw the code over the wall?
                    For what company?

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                      For what company?
                      […]the KDE Store service will be run by Blue Systems sister company PLING, […]

Comment

Working...
                      X