Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME 3.22 Beta Released

Phoronix: GNOME 3.22 Beta Released

The first beta of GNOME 3.22 beta is now available for testing ahead of the planned official desktop release around this time next month...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I love being a Gnome User, I don't see anything that seems like it'll break my extensions which is good.

It's been a pleasure to use Gnome and see 5 releases as a daily user, but the life is in getting the extensions to complete the experience for me.

Comment

X12345

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post
        I love being a Gnome User, I don't see anything that seems like it'll break my extensions which is good.

It's been a pleasure to use Gnome and see 5 releases as a daily user, but the life is in getting the extensions to complete the experience for me.
        (Why can I no longer edit my posts?)

Comment

(Why can I no longer edit my posts? I do temp posts to get the stupid thing to get added.)

Can we please leave vBulletin? VB is trash

Comment

Are you seriously? 8 of my posts have been unapproved? there's no edit button for me to add in my comment and vBulletin is trash - so annoyed >=(

Comment

Are you seriously? 8 of my posts have been unapproved? there's no edit button for me to add in my comment and vBulletin is trash - so annoyed >=(
              Michael took the EDIT botton away due to spammers or some shit like that, but it wont stop spammers, he'll just get the forum hacked

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post

Michael took the EDIT button away due to spammers or some shit like that, but it wont stop spammers, he'll just get the forum hacked
                Damn. I don't think vB can tell the difference between legitimate posters (such as us) and spammers.

May I make a suggestion? Disable the editing functionality after 5 minutes if the post count is less than 20. If at the point the new user is a legitimate user, disable the moderation functionality and allow full editing functionality for as long as you want.

Anyway, I cannot wait to try out the new version once a couple of my extensions such as Simple Dock, Application Menu, TopIcons Plus, User Themes, and No Topleft Hot Corner are ported to 3.22.

Comment

Originally posted by GraysonPeddie View Post

May I make a suggestion? Disable the editing functionality after 5 minutes if the post count is less than 20. If at the point the new user is a legitimate user, disable the moderation functionality and allow full editing functionality for as long as you want.
                  If it were that easy.... Not familiar with VB's API so would be a big time consumer writing my own plugin and not aware of any other easy free ones to provide such functionality. Had thought of such features long ago but just not trivial to do.
                  Michael Larabel
                  https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by GraysonPeddie View Post
                    No. Bots can post 20 innocent posts then spam. Consider that they are automatons, even setting a 2000 limit isn't going to matter after the botmaster updated them.

What screws bots are the usual basic logic questions (that are a PITA to parse and understand for a bot), or Google's anti-bot images that ask like "what of these images is a XXX" and you click on them.

Or more simply making the edit button functionality and no post blocking AT ALL available for like 2$ monthy or so "limited-Premium subscription" (where this is the only perk granted), which is not going to break the bank for most people here, it is good for phoronix because I think most posters are going to pay just to get vBullettin to go fuck itself after the third time it blocks their posts, and it also makes the site impervious to bots, as bots don't usually last much, and if you pay 2$ a pop it gets expensive quite fast.

Comment

Working...
                    X