Chrome 53 Beta Brings Shadow DOM, Deprecates HTTP/0.9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post

WTF are you talking about? I'm using 52 right now.
    apt update from the shell doesn't notify any updates on chromium.... repository problems?

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post

apt update from the shell doesn't notify any updates on chromium.... repository problems?
      Ah, Chromium and Chrome are not the same.

Chromium is usually managed by your distro, so you have to wait for Ubuntu to package it or something like that (if they want to). Usually after security problems are made public, it is rather urgent that they update it.

When installing Chrome, apt-get will ping Google's repositories for new version of Chrome, so Ubuntu has nothing to do with it.

Comment

Chromium 52 is in Ubuntu's "chromium security patch testing" ppa https://launchpad.net/~canonical-chr...e/ubuntu/stage
        since 6th of this month, as the ppa description says, it's likely to land in Ubuntu soon. Otherwise you can always add the ppa but be sure you read and understood the ppa's description
        "Testing site just before upload to Ubuntu main. Things here are either new and broken and not ready to use, or landing in the distro anyway in a few days. You shouldn't use this unless asked to."

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
          Chromium 52 is in Ubuntu's "chromium security patch testing" ppa https://launchpad.net/~canonical-chr...e/ubuntu/stage
          since 6th of this month, as the ppa description says, it's likely to land in Ubuntu soon. Otherwise you can always add the ppa but be sure you read and understood the ppa's description
          "Testing site just before upload to Ubuntu main. Things here are either new and broken and not ready to use, or landing in the distro anyway in a few days. You shouldn't use this unless asked to."
          thanks for explanation. In fact I wonder about this discrepancy

Comment

So maybe you meant *UBUNTU* and NOT Linux.
            ## VGA ##
            AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
            Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
              So maybe you meant *UBUNTU* and NOT Linux.
              Lol, Ubuntu is like 'Murrica. All world is 'Murrica.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                Lol, Ubuntu is like 'Murrica. All world is 'Murrica.
                Haha this made me giggle... and maybe also shed a tear. Although, Ubuntu is still better than Windows, providing that I don't have to use Unity.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystro256 View Post
                  Haha this made me giggle... and maybe also shed a tear.
                  Yeah, I always assume that random people talking of "linux" on their PC are in fact talking of Ubuntu or one of its flavors, as it happens to be the case most of the times, lol.

Comment

Working...
                  X