Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opera Developer Update Lands RSS Reader, Chromecast Capability

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Opera Developer Update Lands RSS Reader, Chromecast Capability

    Phoronix: Opera Developer Update Lands RSS Reader, Chromecast Capability

    For those still using the cross-platform Opera web browser, a new developer build is available today that provides new features...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...RSS-Chromecast

  • #2
    Too late...

    Years later they kinda got on par, feature wise, with Opera 12, really?
    SmartRSS extension worked beautifully anyway.

    Comment


    • #3
      Google Cast is nice to see, but who uses Opera today?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by bug77 View Post
        who uses Opera today?
        Anyone who cares about battery life: https://www.opera.com/blogs/desktop/...opera-38-beta/

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by bug77 View Post
          Google Cast is nice to see, but who uses Opera today?
          I use it all the time. On my pc, on my phone. It is great browser. Much better than chrome.

          Comment


          • #6
            I'm sorry to inform Opera fans, but this proprietary skin for Google Chrome has been sold to China like a few days ago http://www.digitaltrends.com/computi...se-consortium/

            Uhm, lol, they also mumble something about "privacy". Looking on how China does it with their Great Chinese Firewall one could surely expect quite some privacy ... intrusion. I wonder if they're going to implement infamous china Internet censorship, etc.
            Last edited by SystemCrasher; 07-21-2016, 10:58 AM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
              Anyone who cares about battery life: https://www.opera.com/blogs/desktop/...opera-38-beta/
              Ok. I'm not into mobile devices, so that slipped by me.

              Originally posted by marceel View Post

              I use it all the time. On my pc, on my phone. It is great browser. Much better than chrome.
              Much better than Chrome maybe (though when I tested it was just as resource hungry). Personally, I prefer Firefox. On mobile it seems to eat a lot less resources. On the desktop, I'm still using Seamonkey/Firefox, but I'm eyeing Vivaldi. Of course, I have Chrome installed, but somehow it didn't manage to win me over in all these years. Meanwhile, Opera just got the boot from my tablet this very week.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by SystemCrasher View Post
                I'm sorry to inform Opera fans, but this proprietary skin for Google Chrome has been sold to China like a few days ago http://www.digitaltrends.com/computi...se-consortium/
                OR not: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-op...-idUSKCN0ZY0CA

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by bug77 View Post
                  Google Cast is nice to see, but who uses Opera today?
                  People waiting for Edge to get extensions that are fed up with both Google's and Mozilla's race to the bottom.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post

                    People waiting for Edge to get extensions that are fed up with both Google's and Mozilla's race to the bottom.
                    What is bottom here? Web extensions? What would Edge bring (different)?

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X