No announcement yet.

KDE Plasma Users Are Still Running Into Multi-Screen Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• > Name one remaining main stream distribution that pushes KDE as the default.

> Lost official support from Canonical.

Canonical never supported standard KDE applications, but the official support of Kubuntu does. The Kubuntu Council is who decides who provides the official support of Kubuntu, not Canonical.

Saying that a KDE distribution has enough quality and users to have commercial support and to be preinstalled in desktops and laptops says a lot about a distribution that pushes KDE Plasma as the default.

Comment

• [Phoronix is having problems accepting some posts now, with links, and without links. I'll try it later]

Comment

• Let's try it again without links:

> Name one remaining main stream distribution that pushes KDE as the default.

> Lost official support from Canonical.

Canonical never supported standard KDE applications, but the official support of Kubuntu does. The Kubuntu Council is who decides who provides the official support of Kubuntu, not Canonical.

Saying that a KDE distribution has enough quality and users to have commercial support and to be preinstalled in desktops and laptops says a lot about a distribution that pushes KDE Plasma as the default.

Comment

• This is sadly a huge issue for me, but something of an oddity. I see the issue as I use 48" 4k tv's as my monitors, 3 of them, and they do not simply "sleep" like other monitors. Rather they turn off, and detach, stopping in reporting edid's that signal the display is gone. This freaks out qt, plasma, and everything else built off qt. It causes lots of ill effects, causing kwin to crap the bed, moving everything around, eventually losing its sanity the xserver crashes.

I use kde as ubuntu unity is crap on big resolutions, where I've run at 6x 1080p displays for a good 5 years with linux, and now 3x 4k tv's, both 11520 x 1200 or 2160 now. Compositors do not like this as a whole, kwin typically sucks much less than others, and has a lot of nice effects others like Cinnamon do not like dimmed inactive windows I like.

KDE has become my go-to desktop over all others, which I've run at some time or another, but this particular multi-monitor issue is the devil for me right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by darclide View Post
            Nah, whilst I stay perfectly calm and provide sources, you run out of arguments and have to throw a tantrum like a little kid and start to insult, misquote and shout around. But it's cute, keep going, it has some entertainment value at least.
            Psst, I'm also perfectly calm too even if I call you idiot and use 4-letter words.
            Let me repeat that "sources" isn't random numbers, it is something that has some statistical value and it's simply not possible to have any true conclusive data to prove your claim as we have no telemetry, no way of knowing for sure how much people use DE X vs DE Y. And polls as you see can show KDE as winning like they can show KDE as third place.

So yeah, I can keep calling you stupid stupid troll all the day and all the night, because that's what you really truly are if you don't understand that basic fact.

Comment

• Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
              Psst, I'm also perfectly calm too even if I call you idiot and use 4-letter words.
              Oh, so you call people names and throw curses at them when perfectly calm? Sounds like you are a super charming fellow :-)

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
              So yeah, I can keep calling you stupid stupid troll all the day and all the night, because that's what you really truly are if you don't understand that basic fact.
              Let's have a look at various scenarios here:

1) I really don't understand statistics (unlikely): You not only got the definition of troll wrong (okay, it's a super hard one, I give you that. You have my sympathies when you have problems understanding such a thing), but also you call people names for the lack of knowledge. Matches the charming fellow you seem to be, see above.

2) You disagree with my views (likely): so you call people names and accuse them because you disagree. Matches the charming fellow you seem to be, see above.

3) I am a troll (unlikely), and whilst having a decent understanding of statistics, I love to see you bite your keyboard with every answer of yours trying to attack me more and more on a personal level: In this case you'd be feeding me, helping to make actually valid posts get lost in the whole mess and starting to ruin the friendly tone and atmosphere of the forums. Not very nice for everybody else, but: see above.

In either case, it's not looking very good for you :-)

Comment

• > And polls as you see can show KDE as winning like they can show KDE as third place.

We are able to notice that the addresses that have shown KDE Plasma in the first place have been from: Linux Journal, IDG - ITworld - CIO, Linux Magazine, and Zdnet; those sites are really known and different from the unknown ones that said that KDE Plasma was in the third place.

Comment

• Originally posted by darclide View Post
                  Oh, so you call people names and throw curses at them when perfectly calm?
                  Written medium is easymode when acting.

Let's have a look at various scenarios here:
                  Cool story bro.

In either case, it's not looking very good for you :-)
                  Very Very Very Cool Story Bro.

Comment

Working...
                  X