Wine 1.9.14 Still Working On Shader Model 5, D3D Command Stream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eydee View Post

Point is, if you want to run Skyrim, you don't need features that can run MS Office. If that's political, sure, then it is. Wine is a mini-windows, it has all the libs and dlls, it hijacks your whole system with its entries, completely removing it is as hard as removing malware. Nothing of this is required to run games.
    Tell that to all of those people that have had to use wine for all of these years to play nearly all of their games. And of course wine devs don't care and will make up every excuse for why it doesn't matter.

EDIT: I know the number of games available on linux has improved. I say thank goodness because I don't think desktop linux could work with wine as the only option for real gaming.

EDIT: You can prove to wine devs beyond the shadow of any doubt how much better an idea Nine is. You can prove to them beyond the shadow of any doubt how much overhead CSMT add and they don't care. They have full knowledge that how they are implementing directx is stupid as hell, and yet they are doing anyway because they think its so stupid it gives them an advantage. That's political. They know full well nobody else is going to try to market that crap.

Calling a polished turd a diamond is a lie.

EDIT: https://www.codeweavers.com/products

Don’t let dual-booting or a virtual machine slow you down. CrossOver will open your Windows software on Mac and Linux. Launch Windows productivity software, utility programs and games natively. CrossOver doesn’t have the overhead of the Windows operating system like a virtual machine, which means that Windows programs run at native speed, games play at full fps and you don’t need to purchase a Windows license.
    Their blurbs are so full of lies. Its so stupid. Wine does -not- run windows programs natively. It does -not- run them at native speed. It has -waaaaay- more overhead than windows. For the vast majority of games it doesn't come anywhere close to full fps. Lies.
    Last edited by duby229; 09 July 2016, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post

Tell that to all of those people that have had to use wine for all of these years to play nearly all of their games. And of course wine devs don't care and will make up every excuse for why it doesn't matter.

EDIT: I know the number of games available on linux has improved. I say thank goodness because I don't think desktop linux could work with wine as the only option for real gaming.

EDIT: You can prove to wine devs beyond the shadow of any doubt how much better an idea Nine is. You can prove to them beyond the shadow of any doubt how much overhead CSMT add and they don't care. They have full knowledge that how they are implementing directx is stupid as hell, and yet they are doing anyway because they think its so stupid it gives them an advantage. That's political. They know full well nobody else is going to try to market that crap.

Calling a polished turd a diamond is a lie.

EDIT: https://www.codeweavers.com/products

Their blurbs are so full of lies. Its so stupid. Wine does -not- run windows programs natively. It does -not- run them at native speed. It has -waaaaay- more overhead than windows. For the vast majority of games it doesn't come anywhere close to full fps. Lies.
      Wine devs dont support double implementation for various reasons: Mac users, wine d3d have much work and works in all hardware* with all type of drivers (propietary - opensource), some bugs in native implementation and some of them dont appear in regular wine, some unresolved legal issues and others

*ati/amd opensource users are very tiny part of market** in all wine supported os

**however maybe is better idea make own fork as other said

However when them said runs your games at same windows performance, this is a big lie

Last edited by pinguinpc; 09 July 2016, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pinguinpc View Post

Wine devs dont support double implementation for various reasons: Mac users, wine d3d have much work and works in all hardware* with all type of drivers (propietary - opensource), some bugs in native implementation and some of them dont appear in regular wine, some unresolved legal issues and others

*ati/amd opensource users are very tiny part of market** in all wine supported os

**however maybe is better idea make own fork as other said

However when them said runs your games at same windows performance, this is a big lie

The problem is not AMD....Set the framework up at least and make sure everybody knows ahead of time that framework is the target. The problem is wine devs. It should have been started by 2009. Meanwhile gallium Nine exists for AMD users at least. My advise to everyone is buy an AMD card and use Nine. It may suck for nvidia users, but leaving nvidia behind is probably the best option.
        Last edited by duby229; 09 July 2016, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X