Mozilla Is Looking To Build A Recommendation System: Context Graph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mozilla Is Looking To Build A Recommendation System: Context Graph

Phoronix: Mozilla Is Looking To Build A Recommendation System: Context Graph

If Mozilla didn't already have their hands full with enough projects, the latest they are looking to engage in is a recommendation system to potentially upset the likes of Facebook and Google when it comes to looking for similar sites/resources...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It seems like gathering this information would, in and of itself, be a gross violation of privacy. If this is off by default, the data will be poor; and if it is on by default, user privacy will be severely compromised.
    Last edited by microcode; 06 July 2016, 09:16 PM.

Comment

More shit to bloat and slowdown the browser

Comment

Firefox? I've not heard of this ancient moon technology?!

Comment

I don't understand the bias over Firefox and it being "bloated". Its is smaller in footprint over Chrome/IE/Edge/Safari, and is getting faster and smoother at a consistent rate. Yes when Chrome came out it was slicker and faster, but Firefox did the same when it came out initially. The primary reason Chrome has such a great market penetration is because Google is using their existing platforms (google web/android) and is pushing Chrome aggressively.

Comment

Considering the Mozilla group boots based on their politics there is no way I'm trusting them.

Comment

Originally posted by stan-qaz View Post
              Considering the Mozilla group boots based on their politics there is no way I'm trusting them.
              They boot members of violent hate groups. Oh boo hoo!

Comment

Originally posted by grigi View Post
                I don't understand the bias over Firefox and it being "bloated". Its is smaller in footprint over Chrome/IE/Edge/Safari, and is getting faster and smoother at a consistent rate. Yes when Chrome came out it was slicker and faster, but Firefox did the same when it came out initially. The primary reason Chrome has such a great market penetration is because Google is using their existing platforms (google web/android) and is pushing Chrome aggressively.
                I don't if it's bias or is just that it's easier to line up behind the hip browser (or whatever) of the day.
                Written while browsing using FF with ~30 tabs open.

Comment

Sounds like an unnecessary feature to justify collecting data and following users. At least that data won't just generate itself.

Comment

Well, I'm trusting more Mozilla than Facebook (or Google lol) if they tell me they aren't stealing my data. Also data tracking seems to be voluntary opt-in.

This seems nice as it is not customized for each user, Google is and this is annoying.
                    Also the fact that it pulls up data from well beyond what Google can track to find the most interesting finds is cool.

Of course I'm not enabling it, but I do like that there is someone else in the field with good ideas, apart from the usual suspects.

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
                    Written while browsing using FF with ~30 tabs open.
                    Arrr! I'm only at 26 on my FF now!

Comment

Working...
                    X